Staying Motivated

Options
How do you stay motivated on your food and exercise regimen? Do you have a personal mantra, or bribe yourself? Share here!

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    First, I make a LOT of friends! My friends keep me going because I dont want to let them down. Also, seeing that number go up on how many days in a row I've logged in. Last, but not least, RESULTS! 59 lbs gone is not too shabby, but I've still got 70 to lose. If I can get this far I know I can get the rest off me too!
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    For my diet, I try as much as possible to adhere to Michael Pollan's Food Rules, such as #19: "If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't."

For exercise, I listen to music when I run or do strength. And in my playlist, which I put on scramble, there's always a chance I will hear Mason Williams' "Classical Gas." (The original version.) When I do, it always gives me a huge motivational boost for some reason, no matter how close I may be to hitting the wall. Anyway, it works for me. Every time. :)
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    Options
    1. My mfp friends
    2. Reading/seeing the success stories
    3. If I don't feel like working out, I bribe myself. For example, I can watch my favorite tv show only after or during my workout. Once I get started with the exercise, I'm glad I did it.
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I find that I keep myself going by continuing to research and try different things. These message boards are great for finding new workouts or foods or recipes! If I get lazy and start doing the same old thing every day I get bored and lose motivation... but when I try to keep learning more ways to keep healthy living "fresh" it feels natural and easy to keep it up!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just a little addicted to it now, I want to see more weight come and I know how that will happen :) but I do have bad days, I just loooooooooove food!
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I find that I keep myself going by continuing to research and try different things. These message boards are great for finding new workouts or foods or recipes! If I get lazy and start doing the same old thing every day I get bored and lose motivation... but when I try to keep learning more ways to keep healthy living "fresh" it feels natural and easy to keep it up!

Me too! Try different work outs or different recipes. Keep it exciting.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I log in 6 days out of the week, and I find that's a huge motivator for me. I also like accepting challenges in the Fitness and Exercise forum area. That keeps it exciting for me.