help..shin pain inch towards the inside

Options
hi! So for 2 days now I have had shin pain about and inch to the inside of my right shin bone. I am day 6 into the 30 day shred. any ideas to help with pain? Not working out is not an option I also have 10k walk on saturday.

Replies

• franridge
    franridge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have posterior shin splints. I had the same problem. The only thing that worked for me is lots of advil or motrin, ice and new sneakers. I over-pronate and needed more supportive shoes
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    same thing happened to me, You need to stretch good before doing any workout and make sure you wear sneakers until the pain is almost gone!!
  • Soccerstar19
    Options
    Sounds like shin splints. I had them and the trainer said just to alternate with ice and heat. It could be your shoes or maybe you've been building up your shin muscles too fast.
  • PinkZeppelin
    Options
    When I started running more often, I began to get shin splints as well.

What helped me was:

1) Not running back to back days

2) Going to a specialty running store and getting the right shoes for me. They looked at the way I walked and gave me shoes based on that, very expensive shoes, but way worth it

3) Stretching, I was very self-conscious about this one at first. As I guy, I felt I didn't need to, but not only have I been able to eventually reach my toes again after several times, but I'm not in as much pain as I used to be after running.