This seems like a lot of food!

Options
MFP reccommends I eat 1780 calories a day, and then I do some exercise and they say I get even more calories. I feel like I am eating more than before I started dieting. Does this seem right? Also, is it ok if I don't eat all these calories. I literally could not eat another thing last night and ended up with over 700 calories left over. I am still trying to figure this all out, any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Bighank7752
    Options
    1700 is fine. I live on about 1400 a day. As long as you are balanced in what you eat then you are alright.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I think that when the typical person first comes across MFP they sometimes have a hard time getting their mind wrapped around the idea of "eating more" and still losing weight. I can't count the number of times I've heard of people dieting by severely restricting their calories to levels that are so low, it's unhealthy. Bad combination. I follow what MFP says for calories, I track my calories burned with a heart rate monitor and I've been meeting my goals consistently. Some days I eat upwards to 3500 calories, and yes, I'm still meeting my goals.