The Dreaded P Word

Options
Plateau. Ugggg. Okay. I upped my cal intake 300. I lowered my weekly weight loss goal to .5 a week. I changed my workouts...weights three times a week and various other activities including swimming, running (Only once a week), AMT, Bike, elliptical. I drink more water. What am I doing wrong? Should I just go massively over calories one day to shock myself?

Running more than once a week is not an option, btw. And I am normally in the gym for an hour a day on weekdays. Weights MWF, workout from Muscle and Fitness: Hers.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    For me when I plateau I just change My work out rotation to mix things up a bit. It seems to work for me.
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've heard the calorie shock works for a lot of people. I haven't hit a plateau yet, so I don't have personal experience, but I plan on calorie-shocking myself when I do!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    When you're at a plateau, you can't be afraid of trying something new. So, if you want to take a "free day" to eat all the junk you can't normally, go over your calorie goal, and just indulge... Go for it! You never know. :) Cheat days, as I like to call them, are great for busting through a plateau.

Personally, I got through one of my plateau's by calorie shifting. I ate 1250,1400,1250,1600,1250,1800,1500 for an average of about 1400 calories per day.

Another suggestion: If you're not already eating your exercise calories back, try it out! At least eat half of them back. You need to fuel your body to be able to lose weight.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    When you're at a plateau, you can't be afraid of trying something new. So, if you want to take a "free day" to eat all the junk you can't normally, go over your calorie goal, and just indulge... Go for it! You never know. :) Cheat days, as I like to call them, are great for busting through a plateau.

Personally, I got through one of my plateau's by calorie shifting. I ate 1250,1400,1250,1600,1250,1800,1500 for an average of about 1400 calories per day.

Another suggestion: If you're not already eating your exercise calories back, try it out! At least eat half of them back. You need to fuel your body to be able to lose weight.

I already eat all of my exercise calories back. Maybe my rise in cals isn't as big as I thought it was.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    And everyone forgot about me. :(