Ladies whom has had their belly stretch due to pregnancy and

Options
I was wondering if their are any ladies out their who has been pregnant and lost all the weight and was able to tone up their abs again. I've lost a lot of weight but, my belly (where I carried my kids) is so loose that I don't know how I could tone it up. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    Interested in the advice. One pregnancy and 2 abdominal surgeries later and I cannot get my belly as flat as it was for the life of me.. hoping there's still hope!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Bump! My son RUINED my belly. I would be interested in hearing what people have to say too.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Mine is slowly getting smaller, but its requiring a ton of ab exercises, plus core strengthening. It can be done, but it takes time and a LOT of work!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Here are some core strenthening exercises. I do a lot of these when working out.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/core-strength/SM00047
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've had one C-section and one Vbac. Is my stomach as flat as I'd like? No. But I have done pretty well. It takes TIME. A lot of time. And a really clean diet.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yuck. I have the same problem. I just have this pouch that needs to be toned! When my kids point it out for me I jokingly tell them it's the "leftovers" from having them! :laugh:
  • CrimsonWife
    Options
    Kickboxing, Pilates, and Lotte Berk/Callanetics/T-Tapp helps. But the loose skin unfortunately is resistant to everything I've tried. A tummy tuck and boob lift is on my wish list for after I'm done having kids (no point in doing it now).
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i don't worry about it. would i like it to be a smaller and flatter? sure, but i'm not stressing myself out exercising like crazy just to try and get it that way. i've had 3 kids and the last one was a c-section. i can accept that my body isn't going to look like it did when i was 20 years old.
  • danielsmommy10
    Options
    i just had my little one 6 months ago and i had to have a cs, i've got that horrible flap because of it. i'm not sure what to do about it either. i hope someone has some good advice!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, i have a mess of a belly after my 2 c-sections. everything is getting smaller, and the belly is the last thing to move. my bodyshape has changed totally. i have to wear alot bigger t-shirts than my actual size because my belly just won't pop back in. my legs and bum feel smaller than they were previous to having children, but my belly, is very persistant.

i will continue on and hope when i lose the body fat it will be more acceptable. but at the moment, when i do yoga, i wear my maternity tops, because i just hate having my rolls visible to everyone. i swim in my poor old maternity t-shirt, but at least it doesn't cling to the rolls when i'm trying to do massive forward bends and shoulder stands (nothing less attractive than the rolls falling out of the t-shirt).
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My plan is to lose as much belly fat as possible (by losing overall bodyfat) but really I know that exercise isn't going to be able to fix what I have going on, lol. 3 kids the last one being a Csection and the fact that the skin is actually loser and lower on the left side because my beautiful princess liked to hang out on that side has me kind of convinced of that. I will be able to make a huge amount of progress though. Thats what I am looking for. Not perfection. OK I may look into a tummy tuck shh....
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    My plan is to lose as much belly fat as possible (by losing overall bodyfat) but really I know that exercise isn't going to be able to fix what I have going on, lol. 3 kids the last one being a Csection and the fact that the skin is actually loser and lower on the left side because my beautiful princess liked to hang out on that side has me kind of convinced of that. I will be able to make a huge amount of progress though. Thats what I am looking for. Not perfection. OK I may look into a tummy tuck shh....
    Good one! :laugh: