When you have 200-300 cals left...

Options
2»

Replies

• donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I usually don't worry about it. Tonight, however, me feet and head were *killing* me so I made a protein shake. Added peanut butter and a banana to it and killed a bunch of those cals. I gained 5 pounds in the past day according to the scale so I may as well eat something beneficial. :-D Maybe it'll help with the bloating from the weekend and humidity. If it doesn't I'll just hit it hard with the cardio until I start losing again.
  • 2monkeys
    2monkeys Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I kinda have the same question/problem my body is use to eating nearly 4000 calories a day but with this diet im on now im supposed to be eating 1675 calories. im not realy hungry but at the end of the day im usualy now 200 to 300 calories under my 1675 mark. Do i need to stay with 1675 for energy purposes or is it okay to be a few hundred calories below my goal?

You need to stay relatively close to your target calories to keep you metabolism working in your favor, if you are consistently below the target calories your body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    eating back isnt necessary. and can actually harm you weight loss. as we usually tend to underestimate how much we eat, and over estimate how many calories burned. if you arent hungry, dont eat them back, or dont eat left over cals. its simple. there is no sense in stuffing yourself and making yourself feel miserable if you arent hungry.

ps..please please people..do some actual research..there is NO such thing as starvation mode.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ps..please please people..do some actual research..there is NO such thing as starvation mode.

this is debatable, and probably untrue. here's a little blurb about starvation mode by Jaime Ackerman Foster, MPH, RD, LD
    Extension Nutrition Associate from Ohio State University:

http://www.netwellness.uc.edu/question.cfm/45914.htm