High Daily Calories?

Options
t_rog
t_rog Posts: 363 Member
So after reading a ton of threads and responses on this site, i've noticed that most women on here eat around 1200-1500 calories per day. I've also seen that there are some grown MEN eating around 1600 calories. Well....MFP started me at 1750, and I just recently switched to 1670. I'm a 20 year old girl. Is that too high? Am I missing something?

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Your calories are set by MFP using your weight and activity level. The higher those numbers are the more calories your body needs just to function. Hope this helps!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It will depend on your starting weight and how much you have it set to loose a week. I want to loose 2 lbs a week so it put me at 1200 but I manually raised it to 1400. If I only wanted to loose .5 a week it would be a lot higher.
  • jpeper1966
    Options
    It depends on your age, weight and normal activity level. I am at 1500 cal because my job keeps me sitting most of the day with very few breaks.

If you are an active person you will burn more calories doing normal every day activities and will be given a higher calorie goal.
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    Honestly it just depends on your body. I have been on and off "diets" since I was literally in 3rd grade (my mom was dragging me to weight watchers meetings when I was in 3rd grade, and I actually lost 20lbs at that young of an age). Me personally? I have to eat 1200 or less calories or I won't lose weight. My mother has the same problem. It just depends on YOU personally, but I recommend you talk to a doctor if you want to reduce your caloric intake.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1700 calories/day.