Looking for filling, low sugar snacks!

Options
I need some ideas on snacks that i can eat that are low in calories and sugar...i tend to eat a lot of fruit (bananas, particularly) which hog up a lot of calories and aren't really THAT filling...i'm looking for foods that will keep me feeling more full in between meals...

Replies

• ebgster
    ebgster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like RyVita crackers with Light Laughing Cow cheese, garlic hummus with veggies or rice crackers, and a blend of cashews, almonds, peanuts and raisins.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in this!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • mariarose88
    Options
    cold edamame and grapes (green or red) - sounds weird but it's completely delicious!!
  • naturechyld
    Options
    A whole dill pickle is only like 10 calories
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    almonds, vitatops, hummus and green beans.
  • mrk1day
    mrk1day Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    eat foods rich in fiber - they are filling with good calories too. if you like fruits - apples are great and filling because of all the fiber in them. also try green veggies like broccoli or even cauliflower with dips. hope this helps!
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I think oatmeal with splenda is a very filling snack, just eat 1/4 c in the morning and afternoon with some lean protein like turkey, fish, chicken! I am only eating 1 fruit in the morning because of all the sugar. I have been on the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge for 20 days and have lost 15 lbs. I even went 5-6 days without losing weight!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i forgot to mention that i can't eat almonds...but i'm interested to know what those Ry-Vyte crackers are?
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    also, what is edamame?
  • rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    Options
    I used to do pickles but the sodium is horrible for water retention. Oatmeal with some blueberries and truvia is great. I use unsweetened almond milk to make it instead of water. 2 minutes in the microwave is about right. Your microwave may vary.
  • mariarose88
    Options
    Edamame is the most amazing thing ever :D They're green soybeans that have this really nice nutty taste to them. You can buy them frozen and unshelled at most grocery stores. I love mixing them with fruit as a snack or having them in a salad with peas and cucumbers. Edamame is really low fat and unbelievably high in protein, not to mention really tasty.
  • ebgster
    ebgster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just bought some today at Good Earth. They are rye crackers with a thick and pleasing texture. I like the sesame flavor. They only have like three ingredients in them and they kept me full between meals.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    also, what is edamame?

Soy beans. Most of the time they come in shells (look like pea pods), but sometimes they are shelled for you. I LOVE them. I get frozen 90 calorie packs that you can throw in the microwave for 3 minutes and they are done.

Another snack idea that is yummy are the sugar-free jello mousse desserts. Super yummy, but don't eat too many since they have splenda in them which isn't good for you.

I also love Shrimp. I buy the frozen already cooked kind. Heat up a pan of water, throw them in for a minute and they are done. only 3-10 calories per shrimp (depends on size). Filling and low cal.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I also love those mini sweet peppers... I roast them in the toaster oven for a few minutes and they get even sweeter.

Oh yes, and the light string cheese sticks. Very filling and only 60 calories.

Also like to put salsa and shredded lettuce.