Work out clothes

Options
welly5
welly5 Posts: 293 Member
What is your favorite brand of workout clothing? I'm on the hunt for new running pants, probably cropped running tights and I'll be heading to lululemon but I want to know what else people love to work out in (and why!) Doesn't have to just be running pants though! I need new work out clothes in general.

this is the pair I'm looking at : http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-crops/Run-Mind-Over-Matter-Crop-33034?cc=8771&skuId=3410291&catId=women-crops

Replies

• Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love lululemon's groove pants and groove crops. They're flattering, they wick sweat away, and they're ridiculously comfortable. I use them for cardio, weights, yoga and dance!
  • Ashtrizzle
    Options
    Danskin all the way. I danced for years and they were always sooo comfy.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love Target's yoga pants! They have such a good variety in size and length, and are very reasonably priced.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I just got some new stuff at Walmart by Danskin. SO comfortable!! I've run 2 5K's in these pants since I got them and never had problems with chafing, overheating, or anything. I love them!! And the price is right for me, too. :)
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I love Under Armour {everything}.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love Under Armour {everything}.

Where do you buy it? What's the price range like? I don't mind paying more for something that will last.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Danskin and Capezio are solid basics for dance / aerobics (but pricey).

Athleta has cute and funky styles for yoga, and you can find decent sale prices.

Under Armour is good for running (but also pricey).

Champion & Jockey are good mid-priced basics that are good for everyday use, and you can find them at Target, Kohl's, etc.

Bottom line: Wear what fits into your budget and the activities you like to do. I have some of all the above, but I wear my cheap black no-name stretch pants and old t-shirts the most often.
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I buy UA from Academy, but any sporting store usually has it. If you visit sites like 6pm.com, overstock.com... you can usually find it for less than the UA website.

An outfit will cost me around $70, but I don't mind paying for it because it keeps me cool while I'm running. I need any kind of help in this heat zone we call Texas :tongue:
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I splurged on my Nike running pants and love them but now they are getting too warm for summer weather.

My runner friend had cute running clothes on the other day and she said they were Danskin from WalMart so I went there and checked it out. I bought a few items and they are super comfy and look good too. Not to mention cheap!
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What do y'all recommend wearing to the gym? I usually wear men's basketball shorts and a T shirt but it certainly isn't flattering, especially when doing free weights in front of the mirror. I can't really see the muscles in my arm when I exercise to make sure I am doing it right. But what looks good when you are size 18/20? I am not going to wear tights or cutesy little shorts. Sigh. Any suggestions? I hate to shop so please be specific! THANKS!