New to the community, been using the logging

inertiadriftsc
inertiadriftsc Posts: 29
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Been using MFP for a while but just now starting to get involved with the community! I was a student athlete at Texas before leaving competition to focus on my studies (I am a computer engineer) I put on a lot of weight in my final two years of college (almost 50 lbs ouch!) and now that im going to grad school I decided to do something about it! My goals are to get back to that level of fitness again by working out smarter(our training routine was not optimal in the least) And next winter race in a cyclocross event! I have lost 33 lbs since august of last year and 27 of that using MFP. It has been an amazing success so far and im really excited to continue until i hit my goal of being 170 lbs and sub 10% body fat again.

Replies

• jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Good job and good luck with your goal!
  • runjill
    runjill Posts: 14 Member
    Hi, My Name is Jill and I just signed up tonight. A friend of mine has been using this site and loves it so I thought I would start. I started running about 10 years ago and haven't been able to run since my last 1/2 marathon in September of 2008. I had to have two foot surgeries due to plantar facitis. I too have put on alot of weight ( 40 pounds). I have gone back to school to get my nursing degree since my daughter is getting older now and I feel I can do this for me. since I signed up today I also worked out and signed up for a Rock Man Tri athalon in September. I find that if I sign up for something that i have to pay for I can keep motivated to work out. Kind of a goal. Never to beat everyone to to finish and feel good that I did. I sure am hopeing that signing up for the event keeps me motivated. I look forward to reading others posts and their success stories. Congrats on your weight loss so far. That is wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.