Fast food

Options
2»

Replies

• littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have a weak spot for Carl's Jr. I usually get the famous star trimmed, which is on a wheat bun, no cheese or mayo. I go home and put my fat free mayo on it, as well as my FF cheddar cheese. Soooo yummy.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify my you don't have to give up anything comment. The point I thought I made was the fact that this is not a diet rather a lifestyle change. Restriction more time than not lead to binges. Therefore, the thought process is to every now and then eat some of the things like fast food. This shouldn't not be done on a daily basis. However, in my opinion once a month or even once a week if you like is ok in moderation. This helps to prevent cravings and binging. That was the point of not giving up anything.
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    Let me clarify my you don't have to give up anything comment. The point I thought I made was the fact that this is not a diet rather a lifestyle change. Restriction more time than not lead to binges. Therefore, the thought process is to every now and then eat some of the things like fast food. This shouldn't not be done on a daily basis. However, in my opinion once a month or even once a week if you like is ok in moderation. This helps to prevent cravings and binging. That was the point of not giving up anything.

Funkedive, I hope you don't think I was disagreeing with your post. I quoted yours because I agree and wanted to add more :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    OR - and this will not be popular - you could just go hungry for a few hours and drink some water. Just an idea. I noticed that hunger is not often discussed on this blog.

For me (personally), when I do this, I find that when I finally do get someplace with food, I will grab what ever I see first, regardless of how healthy it is. Now I make sure to have a Larabar or a ziplock baggie of raw almonds, etc. in my purse at all times. Those are now what I consider "fast food" :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This depends entirely on your definition of "Fast Food". While mine used to be McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc. it isn't any longer. "Fast Food" to me now means a protein bar, raw almonds, a piece of fruit ... I try to always have something like this in my purse, at my desk, etc. Those are my 'fast foods', which I don't normally have to stress over any more :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    When you eat out, does it have to be fast food? I don't really ever eat fast food as not much of it fits my definition of food. Including Subway. It is easy enough to grab a takeaway salad, isn't it?