Low Calorie Snacks?

Options
Any suggestions on low cal snacks that fill you up? I ate a whole can of pineapple thinking it would be ok but it was over 200 calories...for a snack!!!
Thanks!

Replies

• jolene24
    Options
    Any suggestions on low cal snacks that fill you up? I ate a whole can of pineapple thinking it would be ok but it was over 200 calories...for a snack!!!
    Thanks!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I try to find things that are easy to grab. A handful of grapes (I keep them in the fridge already washed in a bowl so they are quick to grab.) String cheeze (the 2% milk ones are good). Almonds (you can eve buy them in 100 calorie packs). Also clementines or special K bars. Sugar Free Pudding is wonderful. And when I REALLY want chocolate...a dark chocolate Dove bar. It's like 180 calories-okay every once and a while when I want REAL chocolate. Uh...yogurt is also good (I get sugar free...it's 80 calories). Also a stick of celery or a handful of baby carrots. These are all things that I have found easy and quick to grab. Hopefully this helps a little.
    *kistinbee*
  • jolene24
    Options
    Thanks, that helps a lot. I just always feel hungry for some reason. Those are all great suggestions though.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I notice you mentioned canned. If you go fresh you might have better luck. I clicked around the MFP food database for pineapple just now and canned in heavy syrup is about 200 cal, while fresh is only 74 per cup. Canned in water is pretty low; only a few above fresh, think.
  • jolene24
    Options
    You are right, but I tend to be lazy and a can is just must easier to open, ha. But curbing the laziness and improving the willpower is just all part of achieving our goals....
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Sugar free Jello is also good! And you can buy 100 calorie packs of just about anything or buy what you want and put them into 100 calorie portions (use ziplock bags). Then you can just grab one on the go!
    *kistinbee*
  • jolene24
    Options
    I do like the sugar free jello cups. I just started this site today. Trying to lose 20 lbs. Hopefully this will help :)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    It will help! This site makes you much more aware of what you are consuming and for me, it gives me motivation to do better! In the first two weeks I started using this site, I lost 9 pounds. Then I gained a pound over the Thanksgiving weekend and now I'm at 10.5 pounds lost. I'm hoping to lose a little more than you (like 45 pounds)---I can't believe I've let myself gain this much!!! Anyways, I do think that anyone can acheive their goals as long as they are consistent and are doing it for themselves. With the right motivation, anything is possible!!!:bigsmile: So, good luck to you and let me know if I can help with anything!
    *kistinbee*
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I love to eat an apple cinnamon rice cake with all natural peanut butter.
    I also love to core and apple and stuff the center with some pb.
  • jolene24
    Options
    Great ideas as well, thanks. I am usually pretty good during the day, it's when I get home and have idle time I snack and eat too much.