frustrated..

Options
i'll be the first to admit - i'm not big on exercise.. i do a lot of housework and activity with my girls and stuff.. but as far as time set aside for doing an aerobic routine.. not real good at that.

so.

i've been watching my calories.. even on the days i think i'm taking off, i always seem to stay within my "allotment," but i'm gaining weight back that i lost.. what's the deal?! i started upping the fluids today, and keeping an extra tight watch on what i'm eating.. especially watching the sodium intake.. can any of you give me any other insight?

Replies

• DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i'll be the first to admit - i'm not big on exercise.. i do a lot of housework and activity with my girls and stuff.. but as far as time set aside for doing an aerobic routine.. not real good at that.

so.

i've been watching my calories.. even on the days i think i'm taking off, i always seem to stay within my "allotment," but i'm gaining weight back that i lost.. what's the deal?! i started upping the fluids today, and keeping an extra tight watch on what i'm eating.. especially watching the sodium intake.. can any of you give me any other insight?
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I know with me it is all about exercise.

I come from good peasant stock that is build to work and work and work all day. So if I don't get a decent workout in I don't lose.

In fact -:sad: my recent gain came from me "just" living a reasonably active lifestyle, including working HARD in the garden or on home repairs all day 10+ hours on the weekends.

So now I'm gearing back up to where I know I need to be. I'm getting there but am not there yet regularly.

This is me, but perhaps bumping up your exercise would be the help your body needs.

(I'm not a doctor or expert or anything qualified to give you advice...:wink: )
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    I know others who have been on this site for a long time will tell you this: but that initial drop tends to be water loss and then your body has to re-calibrate for this whole new eating thing you're doing so real "weight LOSS" can take a while. Also, lots of MFP "experts" (those who have lost weight and kept it off) will also tell you that the scale LIES (a lot) so you have to look beyond it. Some of the reasons the scale is unreliable are salt, fluids, hormones, bone mass, muscle mass . . .

Be patient. It just takes a long time.

And it is frustrating. But just remember: you did not gain it overnight so it ain't coming off overnight either :smile:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I must also say that for me, if I can't get good work outs in I don't lose. Every body is different and you learn a lot about yours in this process!!
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    thank you all.. i know some of it was water retention.. although i stayed within my calories the other day, i had a very salty dinner and paid for it. the scale was a little nicer today.. i know i need to add in some exercise, so i'm working on changing around my schedule a bit.