in the spirit of accountability...

ahadj
ahadj Posts: 257 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
THIS explains my recent "plateau"...

2rcms95.jpg

I did so great when I first started on MFP... but I got too comfortable, and the old habits are creeping back! The past couple of days (after Easter, the most recent spike) have been good, so here's to keeping that up... and to not whining about a "plateau" when I have clearly been slacking!

Replies

• Amie_46
    Amie_46 Posts: 60
    So now that you see the "big picture" do something about it.

Plan your meals so you are eating smaller amounts but more frequently so that you can avoid hunger and binging.

Plan the night before (that's what I do - I completely fall off track if I don't have a plan).

And remember: This is a lifestyle :) You are going to have meals, days, and weeks where you should have done differently, the important thing to do is recognize it and move on!
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Well, looks like you've found the problem. Now you need to just follow through and be more consistent. consistent each week, each day and each meal. Totally agree with the above post, plan the work then work the plan. Of course you're gonna eat things you shouldn't or go over on calories sone days, but let's look at the big picture like you just did. Good luck and you know I'm right there to kick you in that shrinking *kitten* of yours if you need it. And by all means, have fun and be happy! None of this is worth doing unless you're happy.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Thanks, guys!! I do need to start planning better, and eating out less. It's hard now because I'm in the trenches of law school finals, and spending most of my days and nights in the library, escaping once in a while for food.... but I need to start packing all my meals then, no excuses. They have a fridge here at school for student use, so I really have no excuse.

Thanks for giving me the kick in the butt I need.... I can't believe it took me so long to actually sit down and look at how bad I've been being! Classic denial at its finest :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.