Interment fasting approach for fat loss

Options
Has anyone tried this?

Replies

• cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Yes I am currently doing the intermittent fast that is discussed on leangains.com. Another fellow MFP friend told me aboutthis site. Im only on my 3rd day, and its going great. I actually had more energy today when I was doing my workouts. I am ding the 14hr fast. On leangains.com they reccomment for men to do the 16hr fast. SO u eat 3 meals doing the day with the largest meal be after ur workout and then another meal before bed. Then u fast for as long as u want the 16hrs to go. you can start at anytime and break ur fast at the 16hr mark. Whatever works for ur schedule. Give it a try.
  • bigkahuna0000
    Options
    I am also taking the Leansgains approach. Doing early morning, fasted workouts 3x a week. I am on my third week and I am seeing results while still gaining strength.

You can check out more details here on what I am specifically doing, http://joshpangan.com/intermittent-fasting/
  • jasonnacua
    jasonnacua Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok so im thinking about starting my fast at 10 tonight and doing the 16 hr fast ending tomorrow. Ill let you guys know how I like it!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I was doing a bit of reading on it, and I loved the idea as well. What confused me though, was the approach when it came to those who weren't "training" in the morning. I would stop eating at 7PM, and resume eating at around 10 AM the next day, so 15 hours. Yet... this is pretty normal for me? It doesn't feel like I'm fasting whatsoever, so I wonder if it falls under the same frame as any of this.