Great link for anyone starting out on c25k

Options
i came across this whilst doing some research. Basically it's a set of downloads to listen to whilst doing c25k, the music changes tempo with the workout schedule & theres a different one for each week of the programme. I've downloaded it & going to use it tomorrow to see if it helps. Hope this helps get some of you motivated to start running too :)

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

Jen x

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    i came across this whilst doing some research. Basically it's a set of downloads to listen to whilst doing c25k, the music changes tempo with the workout schedule & theres a different one for each week of the programme. I've downloaded it & going to use it tomorrow to see if it helps. Hope this helps get some of you motivated to start running too :)

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

Jen x

Thank you Jen - I have just returned from doing Day 1, and on the way back, I was wondering whether there was a music set which 'went with' C25K!
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I use the andriod app which beeps and listen to my own stuff on my ipod. At the first lot of runs we just used to talk to each other but I'm on week 3 now and it's getting harder and I really feel like I need music to get me through 3 minutes of running! I am loving the programme, I'm not doing it as often as I should but I am still succeeding! :) Good luck to you both.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    thanks! going to bookmark that
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Would everyone recommend the c25k then? I've been reading into it and am intrigued but I look like a crazy person when I run and the only time I run is when I'm playing with my nephews. I have never before imagined that I'd be one of those people who runs for enjoyment but am tempted. Is it really tough?
  • CarolMorris66
    Options
    Yes, its tough... but an enjoyable tough.

I am just finishing week 7 and loving it... I struggled in the beginning with a 1 min run, and at the 3 minute run stage I nearly quit but now up to running for 25 minutes and can not believe it! Me running? Never!

Give it a go. I will never look back and already downloaded the 10k challenge to start on that in 2 weeks....
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Would everyone recommend the c25k then? I've been reading into it and am intrigued but I look like a crazy person when I run and the only time I run is when I'm playing with my nephews. I have never before imagined that I'd be one of those people who runs for enjoyment but am tempted. Is it really tough?

I'd definitely recommend it. I have only just started it and honestly, I look like a mad old woman when I jog, but hey, if it's going to get me fit, I really don't care! I say go for it - you won't know whether it's for you until you try, and when all is said and done, it's only half an hour out of your life, three days a week. Not much to ask of your body is it?! :bigsmile:

Good luck - let us know how you get on!