New to MFP not to weight loss

Options
kmac1196
kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
Hi. I'm new here. Like the app for iphone..was using lose it but found this site. I am a 37 year old mom of 3, have my own houscleaning business and have struggled for years to lose weight. I love to lift weights and am currently doing the couch to 5k for my cardio...which I'm loving!!! I have worked out for over 14 years faithfully. I am 5' 4" and 222 lbs. I lost a lot of weight in 2005 (from 223 to 146) very quickly using the fat flush plan but couldn't sustain it and gained it back over the next couple of years. Now, it seems, I lose slowly...some people say that I'm eating too much...some say not enough....Got a bodymedia a month ago and am using that plus mfp! We'll see how it goes. Bread and I don't get along, so we broke up. We're both happier. I'd love some friends for motivation. People who have lost a lot and who have a lot to lose or have been successful at losing! Thanks!!!

Kristen

Replies

• Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi Kirsten welcome! I've been exactly where you're at...feel free to add me, I would love to encourage you!
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Good luck on you weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend!!!
  • lozald
    lozald Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm sure you will do well feel free to add me.
  • pscullari
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. I love this app on my phone as well. I also love this site because it now makes me more accountable with what I am eating. Before I would eat and not worry now that I have to put it in to writing it makes me think twice. I have struggled with weight loss all my life. As a child my parents never set boundaries with food so my mom and I would eat potato chips and dip them in mayo (it grosses me out to think about that now). I'm a mom of one but the sole income to the house so its stressful. Keep with it. Its okay to lose slowly it didn't get put on overnight. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would add you but I don't know how.
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello there, and welcome! BTW you're singing my song! I have a lot to lose so lets do it together! sending an add
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Your story is familar!

I too lost a lot of weight- I went from 330-190 at 6'1" then regained 90lbs of it back, which I am now trying to re-lose- and keep off this time.

I treat the symptom (The blubber) but not the cause (what was causing me to compulsively overeat)- I have to do a double pronged attack this time.

Good luck and feel free to add me :smile: