Fit Flops

cerilee
cerilee Posts: 11 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Just wondering who has Fit Flops and if they are any good? What type would you recommend? Are the Skechers ones any good?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    If you live in a city with good pavements they are fine. If you live in the countryside and have to walk on grass a lot, they are useless and cause twisted ankles. They are also hard to drive in.
  • cerilee
    If you live in a city with good pavements they are fine. If you live in the countryside and have to walk on grass a lot, they are useless and cause twisted ankles. They are also hard to drive in.

I can't drive in any fit flops - I have a pair of tatty trainers in the car and they are the only things I can drive in well!

I livwe in the country but I was thinking of getting them for the office and the house. Prob just popping to shops etc. Nothing too strenous!
  • angechilada
    angechilada Posts: 21 Member
    They're quite a bit over-hyped, IMO. Also, they're not recommended if you have flat feet...I think it'd be better to just have regular shoes with support. I used to work at a shoe store (for almost three years) and had a woman come in who used to always wear regular flip flops and her arch fell so that she had so many problems with her feet. :/
  • ElliMC
    ElliMC Posts: 53
    My mother in law has been using them for over a year and swears by them! Thinking of buying the new sandal looking ones with flowers on, they're quite pretty and not too bulky! So expensive though!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    I LOVE my fit flops, not because of the toning, I don't really care because they are the comfiest shoes EVER. I could walk in them all day with no aches or rubbing. Must get a second pair in another colour.
  • mistic9551
    mistic9551 Posts: 1 Member
    They do work I have lost 5 lbs in the last month but I personal like the Reebok tone up ones the are not as bulky as the sketcher tone ups and pay-less carries the same exact flipflop but in a different brand for cheaper than the name brands and the are comparable.
  • cerilee
    They do work I have lost 5 lbs in the last month but I personal like the Reebok tone up ones the are not as bulky as the sketcher tone ups and pay-less carries the same exact flipflop but in a different brand for cheaper than the name brands and the are comparable.

Yeah, that is partly the thing - I don't want to pay a lot for them, so if the cheaper ones are just as comfy, then I may go for them.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    I LOVE my fit flops, not because of the toning, I don't really care because they are the comfiest shoes EVER. I could walk in them all day with no aches or rubbing. Must get a second pair in another colour.

Same here! I don't think they actually do anything, but they are SO comfortable. I saw them advertised for kids as well, sandals, and I'm thinking of getting them for my little girls.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member

Same here! I don't think they actually do anything, but they are SO comfortable. I saw them advertised for kids as well, sandals, and I'm thinking of getting them for my little girls.

Funny you should say that, I was just looking at the girls ones on the website for my 7 YO.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I am a bit biased as I have very high arches and my physiotherapist has banned me from wearing anything like that, and all flip flops except birkenstock ones with an ankle strap. I found fit flops a total pain.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Fit Flops were the biggest waste of money for me, ever. They didn't do ANYTHING at all. It was like wear super expensive flip flops that weren't that cute. As far as comfort factor goes, they are comfy, but not for $50. They were a big fat fail, for me.
This discussion has been closed.