Injury prevention

Options
So I did the intro video on the p90x dvd two nights ago. My stomach hurts sooo bad. I think somewhere beneath all the layers of fat my muscles hurt. Or maybe it is just my fat that hurts lol. Either way I am going to start my first video tonight. Any suggestions to help with muscle aches and pains? I want to prevent injury as much as possible and avoid fluid retention if possible. I am also working on a playlist to start up C25K this week or next.

Replies

• JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    stretch like a crazy person. all day every day. (5 times)
    ice sore joints proactively to avoid swelling (knees/ankles)

wear good shoes and a good bra.

HAVE FUN
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    P90x is quite intense and you will probably feel more soreness for the first week or 2. Work hard, but don't overdo to the point of injury. I'm not sure how much you want to lose or how fit you are, but keep in mind that p90x burns quite a bit and running on top of it will be quite hard. I would highly recommend getting through 2 weeks before adding running (walking is ok).

Ibuprofen (like advil) can help with initial soreness, but getting enough electrolytes and for me potassium is key to keep my joint pains down.
    Also keep in mind that with p90x you will be working on muscle and adding it so your weight may not drop immediately - keep track of the measurements, not the weight!