time of the month - how does it affect you weightwise??

Options
Hey girlies,

Was just wondering how your period affects your progress seems to affect your weight loss, i have been doing so well but now the pre menstrual symptoms (cramps etc) are making an appearance i have put back on a lb was just wondering if this affected anyone else? have looked online and seems to be common but was wondering if you have any tricks to counteract this weight gain next month???

hope your all having a great day

xxxx

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have been known to gain up to 5 pounds overnight and hold on to it for the week before my moontime. Urgh
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I normally gain a pound of two from the bloating but just as fast as it appears it will disappear when my cycle is completely done.
  • lauralee001
    Options
    Generally for me I gain 1-2lbs during that time and a fe days after it seems to level back out. Just something we have to deal with. Ugh!
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there is a way to counteract what our bodies do during our time of month. :huh: Just ride it out, knowing that it is water weight, etc that goes with the change and it will be gone in a few days. I gain up to 5 but then see it go away when I step on the scale again a week later. I have a tendency to stay farther from the scale during those few days!! :tongue:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain 2-3 almost a full week before and drop it before or around my period. Odd, I know.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I generally go up 1-3lbs and don't lose the week I have TOM. The week after I'll drop 2-5lbs. It all works out in the end. Drink lots of water, stay on track, and don't get discouraged.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I start drinking a little more water and make sure I do lots of exercise, especially abs from 2 days before I start until it's done. I haven't noticed a problem with weight gain doing this, but I weigh on Monday mornings and my cycle is normally Wed-Sat so I think I might not be seeing it because of my choice of weigh in day possibly.

I have noticed that the more ab exercises I push through and do and the more active I stay that week, the less cramping and bloated feeling I have though.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to ask this too, thanks for all the helpful replies! Being a girl is such a nuissance sometimes...
  • jobevan
    jobevan Posts: 1
    Options
    i gain up to 3ils inweight, its just water retention, so i drink pleanty of water so my Kindeys are working faster and my liver, i also try to do a little more excercise as it helps the bloating and the cramps
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    I always gain a couple of lbs. I also increase my water intake (1 usually drink 3 liters a day, so i increase to at least another liter!) and that seems to help me. Don't worry you're not alone!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I definitely gain. This is why I got a sale that gives water and fat%, helps give me peace of mind that what I am gaining is in fact water only.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If i stick to my calories and do my exercise i've still managed to lose weight at that tom.
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Me too- or at least- I am hoping that is what the gain is!!! lol.

I have heard from a nutritionalist that a woman can gain up to 5 lbs of water during TOM- so just ride it out- I agree with everyone though- maybe up the water intake to help.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I always gain a little bit and get very bloated. So I tend to drink water like a fiend and try to stay on track as much as possible. Then when it's over I lose the water weight.
  • Determined1980
    Options
    I usually gain up to 5 lbs and it disappears usually a day or two after.