Hi I'm Tina

Options
Well I just joined yesterday. I find that I absolutely HAVE to keep reading about weight loss just to keep myself motivated!! lol I am shocked to find that I'm at my heaviest. I have gained about 60 pounds since the birth of my daughter 8 years ago. I always struggled most of my life, and I've been to WW and all that other stuff, and yeah it worked.... for awhile. I finally buckled down and started writing down my calories and doing some excercise. Tomorrow's weigh-in will mark 6-weeks I've been on my diet, and so far i've lost 8lbs. I wanted to shoot for 10 in 4 weeks, but slow and sure right? Blah.. I want quick results! lol
I'm hoping reading everyone elses stories will keep me on track!!
TinaJayne72

Replies

• tinajayne72
    tinajayne72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well I just joined yesterday. I find that I absolutely HAVE to keep reading about weight loss just to keep myself motivated!! lol I am shocked to find that I'm at my heaviest. I have gained about 60 pounds since the birth of my daughter 8 years ago. I always struggled most of my life, and I've been to WW and all that other stuff, and yeah it worked.... for awhile. I finally buckled down and started writing down my calories and doing some excercise. Tomorrow's weigh-in will mark 6-weeks I've been on my diet, and so far i've lost 8lbs. I wanted to shoot for 10 in 4 weeks, but slow and sure right? Blah.. I want quick results! lol
    I'm hoping reading everyone elses stories will keep me on track!!
    TinaJayne72
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Tina! I'm with you on the reading about weight loss = motivation! This site has been a great motivator for me. I love that it makes it so much easier to track my food and workouts. I've also become addicted to "The Biggest Loser." I love watching it and thinking, "If they can lose all that weight in such a short amount of time, I can definitely stick to trying just to lose 2 pounds per week!" I've found that everyone on here is very supportive! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tina,
    You have come to a great site.
    Just remember that this is not a diet......It is a lifestyle change.
    Good luck to you and explore the site.
    Renee
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings tinajayne72!

I think you'll find this site most helpful...I love the food diary...helps me plan meals and keep my intake at right caloric level for weight loss...that's 1200 a day for me...I've lost 2 lbs since I started about a week ago...have about 40 to go.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • nathalie
    Options
    Hi Tina,
    Exactly, it took time to put on, it will take time to come off. Your doing it the smart way, small lifestyle changes can make a huge difference and with the food diary it makes those choices even easier.
    Congrats on the loss so far.
    nat :flowerforyou:
  • tinajayne72
    tinajayne72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments! I checked out the food thing where you enter your foods.. but it seems complicated..:sad: Like i have an egg (which on my carton is 70 cal but i went to enter and it put like 90 or so, and Im not a person to remember what brand is what. I wanted something fast.. but seems like that's alot of work.
    But I will keep checking back here, even if i don't enter my foods. Got on the scale this morning, lost 1.4lbs.. this makes 6 weeks today and 9.6lbs lost. I REALLY was shooting for 10 in 4 weeks, ,but it's taking much longer. I like fast results!!! lol
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Tina,
    Slow and steady wins the race.
    Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
    Renee