Dannon Dilemma -- Good News or Bad?! TELL US NOW!!

Options
Last week we broke the news about Dannon adding 20 calories to their 6-oz. Light & Fit yogurt cups. We said it was a GOOD thing because we thought Dannon's 60-calorie yogurt was, um, not impressive at all, and we think the new flavor and texture are really an improvement. But apparently, many of you disagree. We've been barraged with emails from people who are LIVID about the "new great taste", added sugars, and 20 extra calories.

These complainers (you know who you are!) insist that the "thinner" yogurt was better and that it's an OUTRAGE that Dannon Light & Fit is back up to 80 calories a serving (it wasn't always 60 calories). We want to get to the bottom of this. Go here NOW to voice your opinion on this very important yogurt issue - http://www.hungry-girl.com/polls/hgpoll.php?pid=44

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Last week we broke the news about Dannon adding 20 calories to their 6-oz. Light & Fit yogurt cups. We said it was a GOOD thing because we thought Dannon's 60-calorie yogurt was, um, not impressive at all, and we think the new flavor and texture are really an improvement. But apparently, many of you disagree. We've been barraged with emails from people who are LIVID about the "new great taste", added sugars, and 20 extra calories.

These complainers (you know who you are!) insist that the "thinner" yogurt was better and that it's an OUTRAGE that Dannon Light & Fit is back up to 80 calories a serving (it wasn't always 60 calories). We want to get to the bottom of this. Go here NOW to voice your opinion on this very important yogurt issue - http://www.hungry-girl.com/polls/hgpoll.php?pid=44
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    oOo! I kinda liked the 60 calorie ones...what a bummer, it was the lowest calorie yogurt I could find, and the vanilla was delicious! Oh well *sigh* I'm glad u told me though jo or I probably wouldn't have noticed in the grocery store!
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Here in Canada we have Astro yogurt that is only 40 cals 0 fat. They are great too I have one every morning for breakfast and for snacks too sometimes.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You're lucky Shelly!!.. 40 cals is awesome!
    Lowest I can find is 60 but I hardly eat yogurt.

Very welcome La La:flowerforyou:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Here in Canada we have Astro yogurt that is only 40 cals 0 fat. They are great too I have one every morning for breakfast and for snacks too sometimes.

I second the Astro yogurt! I love the vanilla kind :) I tend to think of my yogurt as a breakfast thing, but now that I think about it (thanks to ShellyBee) I could have it as my snack. I've been reading in other threads that it's important to eat lots of smaller meals/healthy snacks every couple hours instead of three big meals -- maybe this is just what I need :)

And the Atstro I have is probiotic -- good for digestion I believe. mmmm now I wish I had some at work :( haha