HRM watch or sports bra?

Options
Im after a HRM so i can track calories in all the gym classes i do - would a watch or sports bra be better? Im guessing the bra, but could anyone recommend a good one?

Replies

• JustMichelleB
    Options
    Never heard of an HRM sports bra.
    However, a good HRM would involve a watch and chest strap (the ones thta are just a wristwatch aren't as accurate).
    I have the POlar FT4, ~$70 at amazon and super easy to set up and use. Highly recommend.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    A "good" sports bra depends on your size. How much they cost depends on the support needed.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Get a watch with a chest strap its more accurate.

A decent sports bra is also a must for any cardio.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    A Bra is def more important! I have an impact fitness, its a great one, i've had it for years (when i first started yo yo dieting) and its only now starting to wear. Best of all, it only cost £30 (in the uk - dont know where you are) Its good value and works for all sorts :)
  • mykaanderson
    Options
    All about a good sports bra!! You have to try them on and when you do go in the change room and jump around like a crazy person, you'll know which one hugs the girls the best. Iit's not about looking good in the bra, it's about supporting and you're bound to look like a uni boob but hey your girls won't hurt :)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Do they make bras with built in HRM's? I have a HRM. Its a polar FT4. It is simple and and it was only $62. It is accurate and super easy to use. I even wear it in the pool.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've only heard of 1 sports bra that has a HRM. My HRM has a chest strap. The strap fits at the same spot as the bra band, so I don't really notice it when I am working out. I recommend one with a watch that displays results so you can see how you are doing while you work out.
  • diamondsnthesky
    diamondsnthesky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/105360-polar-hrm-sports-bra

Doesn't looks like they gave the combo HRM sports bra a good review.