difficult challenge tomorrow...going camping...need help!

Options
The family and I are headed out tomorrow for our first of many camping trips of the season. That typically means a weekend of eating bacon, sausage, hamburgers and hot dogs, Smores, GORP, kool-aid, lots of Pepsi and wine coolers. We are camping with friends of ours, so I can't not just have the stuff there as we both have kids that will want some treats and look forward to their Smores. I want to have a good time but not totally blow everything I have worked for. I plan on exercising before I leave on Friday and bringing my running shoes for a 25 min run on Saturday (Sunday is my day off from exercise), so I have my exercise set. How can I enjoy myself and not be tempted by the smells of food and the bags of chips and cans of Pepsi that will be all around me?

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    That's tough! I love camping too, and my fam usually over-indulges too. I have a few suggestions:

Bring turkey burgers with you, chicken hot dogs and microwaved popcorn. You could also make a snack mix, with chips, popcorn, pretzels, and reduced fat goldfish, m&m's, cheerios, or other crackers or cereals. That way you get to eat the chips, but are eating other (less fattening) stuff too.

ANd eat a smore! Just don't eat ten of them !

Good luck and have fun!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    take all the fixings for a huge salad , fresh fruit, vitatops as your snacks, eat the burger just not the bun ! make turkey meatballs ahead of time and warm then on the grill in a foil pan and sauce...lots of options my dear
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Take some raw veggies and fruit to snack on, as well as the other suggestions. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, etc. are all filling snacks. Apples and bananas travel well too.
    Kaye