Never though I'd say this but...

Options
I am planning on cutting down on dairy and bread/the like. I'm not planning on going by any guidelines or any special diets, I'm just going to start substituting healthier alternatives.

Before MFP, my diet was always extremely carb heavy...not good. I'm doing this mainly as an experiment with food elimination to see how it affects me. I have CFS and knee problems, and while researching I have heard the advice to cut down on grain and dairy in many places. I don't plan on being "low carb" in the traditional sense and I will be taking vitamin D and calcium to help supplement for the dairy. So here we go :) Any advice or tips from others who have consciously cut down on these food groups?

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good plan.good luck!!
    jane
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    you can still get carbs (which are important to your body) from vegetables. AND if you do eat bread/wheat/grain products, make them whole grain like frosted mini wheats or triscuit thin crisps.

You're a stronger woman than I for cutting down on dairy! :) good luck!
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    I have read alot of the same. I cut all wheat and gluten for two weeks but it didnt change things. BUT they say that often wheat, gluten, and dairy are silent culprits. i try to limit carbs from bread and stuff or ones that have high carbs, even whole grains. i find more protein and some carbs feels better for me. I get most of my carbs from veggies.I hope this helps your afflictions.... and that you can get to the bottom of things. I deal with pain daily and would love to find a holistic relief:)) xo
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can get a lot of rice alternatives for traditional wheat products. eg. rice pasta, rice flour, etc. So you don't have to miss out on yummy food! Good luck. :)