Mirena users?

Options
I am scheduled to get the Mirena in a couple of weeks. My doctor assured me that it does not cause weight gain (or prevent weight loss for that matter). However doing some searches online I have read forum posts of women who have said their experience has been just the opposite. I'm confused now, and concerned about getting it. (Losing weight is hard enough already! LOL!)

Just curious who here uses the Mirena and what your experience has been with it?

Replies

• Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    I have had no issues with mine. I am on my second one.
  • Boooie
    Boooie Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi there
    ive had mine in for coming up to 4 years and i can honestly say the only weight gain was due to me over eating and having a bad back for a year and weight loss has been fine since i watched what ive eaten :)

Mandy
  • jackieroche
    jackieroche Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for over 3 years and LOVE it. I had lost 33lbs. on WW before I started it and have been able to keep my weight off. Well, mostly- I gained a few lbs. the last few months and now am on MFP to lose. I've lost 6 lbs. and have just 3 to go. Trust me, the 9 pound gain was NOT from Mirena. IT was from too much wine and snacking at night :)
    My sister also got Mirena about 3 yrs ago after having her son. She was able to lose the baby weight and keep it off too. So, I wouldn't stress over it at all. The hormones in it are so small, it's mainly working because it's a foreign object in your body.

Best of luck!
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    Thanks, I really appreciate the responses. I am going to go with it, I really like the idea of not having to worry about BC for the next five years! :happy: