Here's the Deal

Options
I am 5'4 151# as of this a.m. I have been dieting all my life. At my heaviest 230# lightest was 137#. I am trying to get back to 140# and can't get it done. I am a very healthy eater with the exception of a sweet every now and then. I exercise at least 5 days a week. No matter how hard I try I can not get back down. I have tracked on MFP for the last 25 days and have stayed at or below the calories recommended. I gain 3# loose 3# then gain it back sometimes overnite. I cannot make myself eat more as I fear the scales will go even higher. I usually gain 5-7# over the winter months but have never had this amount of trouble taking it off. I lost 75# several years ago then gained about 25# of it back. In 2008 I joined weight watchers and lost 40-45# on it. I have tried the new pts plus and got down to 146# but could not loose past that point. I am getting very frustrated with myself and need help!!!!

Replies

• bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you can't gain 3lb overnight - it sounds like you might need to drink more water as that weight is likely to be retention from eating too much sodium. without seeing your diary i can't make any other suggestions.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Open up your diary and we can see what's going on.

Are you doing any sort of exercise program? That's also useful knowledge.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    All that yo-yo dieting might have messed with your metabolism. And, you've probably lost muscle mass from those diets as well. I would say start working on building muscle mass. Do you lift weights? If not, that would be a good place to start. And, up your protein while lowering your carbs. Good luck!
  • jhinkle40
    Options
    Opened my dairy !!! Yes I walk 3-7 miles a day. If I can't get outside, I walk on treadmill and do elliptical. I don't lift weights unless corn buckets count (farm life.)

Yes I can gain 8lbs in a wk no problem. I drink water alot of water !! No added salt not much on packaged foods. I have been very honest on food dairy no cheating tracking everything !!!
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Now that I've looked at your diary, I stick by my original response - you've probably messed up your metabolism from the yo-yo stuff because your diet looks basically good (a bit high on the carbs in my opinion, but still your *should* be losing). Try some weight lifting, and up your protein to help build back your muscle mass. Good luck!