Shake Weight..?

Options
We've all seen the silly commercials for the Shake Weight. But does anyone own it? Does it work? I am in desperate need of doing something with my upper body. I have heard that it works (from one person) & I thought with everyone on here I could get some great insight. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that bought one and only used it once because she said it felt like she was "j*cking off a giraffe"...

On a less perverse note... most of the things like this that I've seen are very difficult to keep with because you simply get bored. I think you're much better off with some push-ups and tricep dips =)
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    I don't own one, however, I have tried it and can see where it could work. After just a few minutes I could feel it in my upper arms. I am curious to see what other say who own and use it on a regular basis.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    If you need to work out your upper body a little just go out and buy some dumbbells for like 5 dollars a piece and learn some effective exercises.
  • Hmf414
    Hmf414 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hahaha. I feel that way when I just see the commercial ...

I can't do a lot of pushups the proper way because I had surgery on my wrist. So the bending process is not pleasant. So I am trying to think of alternatives!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You don't get a very good range of motion with it.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    South-Park-x-Shake-Weight.png

no.
    just no.
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    I've heard it works, if you really use it. Try to go directly to the Shake Weight website, & see what are users feedback. :)
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    I AM WANTING TO LOSE MY BINGO WINGS!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

no.
    just no.

Died. Completely died. Thank you.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that bought one and only used it once because she said it felt like she was "j*cking off a giraffe"...

Thank you, that just totally made my day. Now I have to try to carry on with work without laughing too loudly!
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I bought one, and have never used it, I watched the instructional dvd and tried it out, and I could feel the muslces working, but I just haven't gotten round to using it yet, I plan to start as I am down to 16 weeks until the swimwear season, aargh!!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Check You Tube for the South Park Shake weight clips - THAT was a funny episode! (which is what the previous picture is from)

Save the money and find some free weights - they can be used doing other things as well - check the thrift stores - Usually they are hardly used and a fraction of the price.
  • jhackenmueller
    Options
    LMAO bmontgomery87 That's hilarious! :)
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I bought it before seeing all the silly spoofs but never used it. On a whim I started using it 2x a day about 1 month ago and i am really seeing a difference. However i started do bench dips at the same time so i can not give the shake weight all the credit. Also I can not do it with my husband home or awake because he will not stop laughing at me.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

no.
    just no.

bwhahaha
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    HA! I knew this thread had potential!