I enjoy a good drink on occasion....

Options
2»

Replies

• Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I just got a recipe for low carb/low sugar margaritas Can't wait I have a bottle of cuervo in the freezer that has been just sitting there cos I can't stomach the idea of going THAT far over my calorie budget :

ttp://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/beverages/r/locarbmargarita.htm

Ingredients:

1 jigger (1.5 oz) tequila
    2 Tablespoons (1 oz) lime juice - bottled more convenient, fresh tastes a lot better
    1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) water
    1/4 teaspoon orange extract
    1 Tablespoon's worth artificial sweetener (I like to use liquid, carb-free types)
    Ice - small handful
    Margarita salt or kosher salt

Running it through the nutrition info generator it appears to come out as
    Calories 116
    Sodium 3mg (not including the salt around the rim)
    Total Carbohydrates 2.6g
    Sugars 0.6g

Add 1carb per packet if you use Splenda or non-liquid sweetener.

I don't like salt around my glass, so I powdered some erythritol and dipped my glass in it :)

It's not as sugary-sweet as using triple sec but margaritas are supposed to be a little bitter, so it's ok

(SO Excited!! :drinker: )
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I prefer wine or beer, though I am in the same boat as you in that I prefer good beers. I'd rather have a couple of good beers than choke down miller light all evening! I would just take that as your cheat day, eat less during the day, or make up for it the next day by working out harder (thereby making the average of the 2 days your cal limit). To lose 1 lb a week is 3500 cals, so in theory as long as you still cut that you should still lose, regardless of what day it is.

I couldn't agree more sometimes a good beer just can't be beat!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Love the suggestions everyone.... thanks I'll keep checking back but the concensus seems to be a hard liquor with something diet.

I do have to agree sometimes a Good beer just can't be beat!

I love a good beer, but I'm huge into microbrews and belgian whites and they tend to be pretty high on the calorie scale. Doesn't stop me from having a few every once in a while, but I definitely have to be mindful of it.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Stella is my girl of choice :)
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Vodka with water and and I add some Mio drops or crystal lite powder.

Crystal light and 1/2 Vodka- 1/2 water is one of the best ones I have found too!