Brand new start

Options
Hey :)
Well I'm starting this diet good and proper this time. I've tried dieting for the past year but its failed miserably and it's just led to a cycle of stuffing my face when I can :P
This time though, I'm serious. I want to properly get fit and lose some of the inches of body.
Any tips would be appreciated, I really don't want to fail this time.
xx

Replies

• 0Jaime0
    0Jaime0 Posts: 26
    Options
    Good luck! I think you will love this site - it makes you hold yourself accountable for what you're putting in your mouth and teaches you to manage your portions. :)
  • blacklistedpenguin
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck.
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi!!

My tip is to keep using the site - I have found it so easy to stop for a day, then another, then another........

I'm doing it again - day 1 today :)

My other tips are: drink water if you want a snack and not really hungry and to keep your hands busy!!

Good luck xx
  • mdb120776
    mdb120776 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Getting a support system on here (friends) is a good idea. Not only do you hold yourself accountable but they can cheer you on or help you out.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've found this site to be a HUGE help! Just keep honest with yourself. If you're looking for a friend to keep you motivated, feel free to add me!
  • peanutbutterpanic
    peanutbutterpanic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! How exciting to do something that's bold & empowering, I hope you succeed & flourish. I have one suggestion, it has helped me keep my focus & aleviate some of the "guilts" while on my own weight loss journey: consider NIXING THE WORD "DIET". Drop it from the vocabulary of life, forget it exists, give yourself room to breathe and make other words& sayings MORE important, like: lifestyle change, process, human, perfectly ok to make mistakes, oops I flubbed a little, it won't be easy but I can do this, I'M WORTH IT, here I am flaws & all, it's just food, I CAN DO THIS!!

Every morning I get up I have to tell myself succeed or fail, I'm accountable for my choices whatever they may be. I've learned a lot of self-encouragement can carry me a long way. And every time I think of what I'm doing as a "diet", I get frustrated and I close myself off to what my goal is. I hope you have success here, this site & the people on it are wonderful. You deserve to have the life you dream of, your health & your confidence. Good luck to you!! :D

p.s. Hit me up with a friend request if you want to, I'm always good for high 5's & constructive criticism and I like to hear it myself, good or bad.

Steph
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ....My other tips are: drink water if you want a snack and not really hungry and to keep your hands busy!!

KNITTING!!!!
    I have a nasty habit of eating while watching t.v or movies. So, I learned to knit. I keep a knitting project out on the coffee table teaches me to forget all about those useless snacks while relaxing in front of the boob tube.