Silly Confessions from our youth...

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
I was thinking this morning and came to a funny thought about me in my teens in the 80's. I thought I was the bomb dressed like this........ I was so in to Madonna, I wore it all and loved the "boy toy" belt buckle, not realizing the message that sent! Wow! I frosted my hair, and teased it out and dressed like this below! What have you done that makes you feel silly now?????

madonna.jpg

[80s-madonna.jpg

Ahhh, it was still fun even if I looked ridiculous!!!! :tongue:

Replies

• MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Personally i still love that look, haha. Im a massive fan of the 80's its deffo a decade i would go back to and relive if i could. I used to wear some bloody aweful clothes, big baggy jeans and high heel boots with mens shirts, eww the thought makes me cringe, haaha..... i think yours is tame and it could still be pulled off now xx
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    lol that is funny. i always wanted to be like gwen stefani.. i dont look good as a full bleach blonde. yuck. and my friends and i DJd at a school dance dressed as spice girls WTF!!
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hmm, from my EARLY childhook (about 6ish) I went into my mom's bathroom and cut my hair ALL off. Bangs up to the hairline, long, beautiful, brown hair in a big clumpy mess. Best part...I was really proud of myself :happy:

Also, about 4-5, I don't remember this really, but my mom said when I'd get REALLY mad about something, I'd go into a corner, take my pants off and pee in it :drinker:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen I was all into goth.....oh wait I still am.
    But I have since toned it down alot.
    In 6th grade i used to crimp my hair and spraay my bangs straight up i lost all my childhood pictures or i would post one lol
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    lol that is funny. i always wanted to be like gwen stefani..

LOL Me too!! Flame red lipstick and white eyeshadow were my staples in 1996!! lol used to practice pouting and trying to stand like her when she was in the Tragic Kingdom cover lol totally forgot about that.

I remember when Clueless came out and EVERY body had suspenders on their outfits, mom wouldn't buy me any so I went scrounging through my dads stuff and found a pair of bright yellow ones. The suspenders I needed were black, so I grabbed a black magic marker and colored the suspenders myself. Has anyone tried to fill in cloth with a black magic marker??? It gets all streaky and blobby looking. lol But i didn't care, took them to school anyway. Of course I got laughed at, but who cares, I had my suspenders!! :laugh:
  • babycaykes80
    Options
    Ahhh....pinning my stone-washed jeans at the bottom and tucking them in to my socks! Oh....and wearing those ridiculous shirt cincher/clip things off to one side that made it look like your t-shirt had a pony tail! LOL I might have to dig around for one of those... :wink:
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    When I was younger and went to the grocery story with my mom, I use to spill all the different flavor coffee beans on the floor, and sing all the commercials to the products on the aisle, and slap raw meat and say "come on B*$%& whose your daddy" LOL!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Crimped hair, high side ponytail (with big bright scrunchii, headband or any combination of the two) and teased bangs ... I was a hot mess at 5 and knew it all!
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    When I was younger and went to the grocery story with my mom, I use to spill all the different flavor coffee beans on the floor, and sing all the commercials to the products on the aisle, and slap raw meat and say "come on B*$%& whose your daddy" LOL!

That is hilarious! Lol.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sept '96 ....'nuff said...lol

602ecd5c.jpg
  • Still_Sossy
    Options

Oh no missy.........not "nuff" do tell!!!!!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    a cameraman/safari vest when I neither took pictures or went to the Serengeti. drop that bad boy over a sweater with Black and White squares and I was ready to rock. thank goodness that was the extent of my really bad choices (other then pink shirts)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    never mind LOL
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i had a jheri curl for about two weeks i couldnt get the micheal jackson loop on the forehead like he had on thriller so i cut it off
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    mami that is sooooooo cute! Awww girl, I love it!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Prom001.jpg

Mint green with shoes died to match... check
    Fingerless lace elbow-length gloves... check
    Big huge BOW on my *kitten*.... check
    Side ponytail with banana clip - hair teased, curled and sprayed into big mass... check

LET'S GO TO PROM!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hmm, from my EARLY childhook (about 6ish) I went into my mom's bathroom and cut my hair ALL off. Bangs up to the hairline, long, beautiful, brown hair in a big clumpy mess. Best part...I was really proud of myself :happy:

Also, about 4-5, I don't remember this really, but my mom said when I'd get REALLY mad about something, I'd go into a corner, take my pants off and pee in it :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ladonne73
    Options
    i had a jheri curl for about two weeks i couldnt get the micheal jackson loop on the forehead like he had on thriller so i cut it off

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ladonne73
    Options
    In the late 80's....Rocking the two-toned Jordache jeans with the stripes in front, solid in back... the fluorescent pink sweatshirt ...the matching fluorescent pink belt that rested on my hips ... and my fluorescent pink SLOUCH socks with my white K-Swiss sneakers!!! BAM!!!!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: