Muffin Tops

Options
I find that losing these muffin tops is the most difficult part of you body to tone as you get older. Any suggestions on excersie to target this area??

Replies

• Superdupermom
    Options
    i got a huge muffin top same boat :( good luck!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Tons of cardio. You have to lose the fat first. Then do core exercises and watch what you eat. I'm only 2.5lbs away from my goal and I still have the muffin top. I am trying so hard to get rid of it! It's very frustrating!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am trying JM's No more Trouble Zone workout. It is tough but good.
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It sucks but you can't target areas where you want to lose weight. Just losing weight and good cardio and weight lifting will help you firm up and lose weight. I just read today that 1 pound of muscle burns 35 calories and 1 pound of fat burns 2. So ramp up and build some muscle!
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    muffin tops start in the kitchen., you have to decrease fat, for body fat to go down then eventually work on muscles. But without the decreasing your fat intake and body fat, it won't go away. Cardio will help decrease it along with low fat and muscles will serve as a burner for later on.
  • ValMae
    ValMae Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheal's No More Trouble Zones DVD is supposed to provide exercises that targets those areas that are a little more difficult to get rid of. I have not yet tried this one myself but it is definitely on my list!
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    muffin tops start in the kitchen., you have to decrease fat, for body fat to go down then eventually work on muscles. But without the decreasing your fat intake and body fat, it won't go away. Cardio will help decrease it along with low fat and muscles will serve as a burner for later on.

Fat doesn't make you fat, unused carbs and calories do. Just make sure to burn calories, keep a deficit and after you burn the fat by burning calories, then you can tone.
  • melanie44851
    Options
    Im getting ready to start Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack Abs. I have a friend who has been using it and in 3 weeks she started seeing results and she has fabulous looking abs. I start in on Sunday :)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you can't spot target fat loss =(
    the best plan of attack is to do cardio to burn fat, and weight training to tone.

thats what i've been doing and i've been seeing great results, especially my "love handles"... i've always had a problem there, and now they are almost gone.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am trying JM's No more Trouble Zone workout. It is tough but good.

I have this dvd also and really like it! Also could try Jillians 6 week 6 pack~I really love that one! It's only 30 minutes of nothing but stuff that targets your core/abs/muffin top etc. & agree with another poster....cardio! Along with watching what you eat.

I'm still working on mine & it's tough!! So far an inch down in my waist, but still have ways to go.

Lot of hard work~but you can do it!!!
  • MaribelDM
    MaribelDM Posts: 12
    Options
    Tae Bo...Billy Blanks. I lost my muffin tops with this amazing excerise after having had two kids! Good luck!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo...Billy Blanks. I lost my muffin tops with this amazing excerise after having had two kids! Good luck!

Which video are you doing?
    I love Tae-Bo.
  • lordkolakube
    Options
    As others have said, you can't target fat loss in a particular area, but you can target muscles in that area, which will, better muscles in that area are likely to make the fat there sit better on the muscles and make the area seem slimmer and more toned. That's not a scientific description, but I believe that this is the case :-)
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I called my website muffintopnomore.com for exactly this reason. ChaLEAN Extreme helped me lose mine.
  • ajtom1
    ajtom1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A workout that I am doing is Turbo Fire. It is VERY VERY intense but easy to modify and chelean johnson encourages you to go at your own rate and listen to your body! Its a little on the pricy side but I also don't do the whole "gym" scene do to the fact of monthly dues and working out infront of people. I am on week 8 and have lost a total of 14 lbs. and 21 inches off of my whole body (including my muffin top!) and I feel great! If you aren't afraid to really work I suggest trying this video. I also just seen an advertisment on T.V about trying it risk free for 90 days. Hope it helps :)
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    thanks everyone. I should go try that new method out that vaccums it up and freezes it.
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I hate my muffin top!!!! I never used to have one, but now it's there and hard to get rid of!!
    For me, I do cardio almost every day, then 200 crunch type exercises. I have noticed my
    "side" muffin top going down, but round the belly button area still bugs me!! So very
    frustrating!!! grrrr
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    Jillian Micheal's No More Trouble Zones DVD is supposed to provide exercises that targets those areas that are a little more difficult to get rid of. I have not yet tried this one myself but it is definitely on my list!

Just ordered this DVD to give it a try. I know I am happy with her 30 DS so we'll give this a try.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Heres a suggestion, I do it everyday at the gym and I have lost most of my muffin top. Its might be a combo of everything but this is part of my everyday workout. I think its called a dumbell side dip. Stand straight with a dumbell in one hand, arms down at your sides, feet about 4 - 6 inches apart. Reach the hand holding the dumb bell down towardthe floor on the side, as if you are leaning side ways, keeping your arms straight down. go as far as you can comfortably without bending your knees You should feel a pull//stretch on the side without the dumbell. Do 15-20 reps and then switch sides. I do 3 sets of 20 reps every workout.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You can also do it with a weight in both hands.