Ladies, what is it with this TOM and cravings!!!!

Options
ddavies919
ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
I try sooooo hard during this week every month! Sorry if this is TMI but it's a fact that us ladies have to deal with unfortunately! :explode:

I have gained 2lbs! 2lbs! I know it's temporary but it always happens at the wrong time! I'm in my P90X recovery week! I'm supposed to be taking pics at the end of the week! Not gonna happen now! I hate this feeling!

I've decided that once my samples arrive, I'm doing a good ol' 3 day Shakeology cleanse!

Who's with me? Anyone else out there find this TOM to be the hardest? I am sooooo good the rest of the time! It's like I just give in to it! I want it over with already! :sad:

Replies

• kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am having cravings BAD this month- it sucks!!!!! As for the weight gain- I just don't weigh in around that time!!! It just gets me down and makes me want to give up or eat bad.
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    Me too! but I am miserable I feel like a whale I see changes in my face I HATE myself I cry it is aweful! I hate it and I tend to gain about 2-3 lbs too...ahh what we have to go through to be life givers :D
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This has been a tough week for me as well. Cravings and moodiness go hand in hand! I'm up 2 pounds right now but expect that it will change after this weekend.

I've been trying to stay under the calories for the most part, but sacrificed some healthy food for some indulgences. IE: I had chocolate instead of fruit, and it was sooo worth it! lol :happy:
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I normally do not have too much issue with any of that but the past two days I am like possesed omg I would knock down a tricker treater to steal their bag of candy and run saying neener neener, I need chocolate! ~insert mad woman laughing hysterically here~:devil:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, it's the worst week of the month for me. The cravings are ridiculous. Luckily, though, the weight seems to fall off fairly quickly. Still really disheartening to see the scale jump up several lbs though!
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Girl I'm with ya! Why did I just eat a lean cuisine pizza for lunch, but then when I made my daycare kids thier lunch
    I ate friggin 10 fishsticks with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY! tomorrow is my weigh in....:( grrrr.....so not fair huh? and as i put each fishstick in my mouth, i kept thinking, amy stop, amy stop....but nooooooooooooo LOL!

thanks for sharing and listening to me! :) have a great day!!!!!!!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Ugh, it's awful. But finding ways to deal with the cravings helps a lot :) Last night I was craving chocolate, so I had sugarfree chocolate pudding with a diced strawberry mixed in (YUM!!), a chocolate fiber plus bar, and ONE leftover chocolate from Easter. I was totally satisfied and I stayed under my calorie count! Being a woman is tough, being a fit woman is even tougher, but definitely not impossible :)
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm right smack in the middle of a crazy week right now. I'm always overdoing it on salty things too.....just great
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ugh, it's awful. But finding ways to deal with the cravings helps a lot :) Last night I was craving chocolate, so I had sugarfree chocolate pudding with a diced strawberry mixed in (YUM!!), a chocolate fiber plus bar, and ONE leftover chocolate from Easter. I was totally satisfied and I stayed under my calorie count! Being a woman is tough, being a fit woman is even tougher, but definitely not impossible :)
    Those are great ideas with the chocolate!
  • zumba_gal
    zumba_gal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    maybe it is around that time for us... cause i want to eat letting everything get to me!!! UGH!!!!!!!!! this is killing me to i was ready to delete my page cause i was so aggravated!!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I am right there with you. I hardly feel like myself. It's like a looney peron has taken me over and sane me is on the inside looking out saying "what is that crazy person doing?"
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I don't have cravings during this time. I use to but I think I've trained myself not to by not giving in to them. I still however game 2lbs during this time and thats because of bloating. It normally drops off as well as an additional pound or two.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the responses ladies! Glad to know I'm not the only one! Good news is, it's just about done with! Thank you!!!! Then, hopefully I can be back to my normal self! It's like I just feel so sluggish too; the fact that it's a recovery week doesn't help either, I'm always kicking butt with my workouts! Time to move it! Can't wait for Monday!
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    Right there with you! I find my self weighing in more because I want to see the weight come off and I am extremely disappointed when it is up by 2-3 lbs every day. UGH!
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Heck I saw where one girl called it SHARK WEEK and now I use that all the time...I will bite your head off and eat everything and anything bad for you it sweets and salts!!! I truly feel like a shark at a feeding frenzie!!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    mkcalvert: That's too funny! It's totally like that! lol

I've decided that since it's my recovery week and I'm feeling like this, it's a perfect time for a Shakeology cleanse! It'll get me ready for phase III on Monday! So, I'm going for it! Get this crud out and off!!!!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Tom craving cookies

tumblr_inline_n9t4mbjGrU1qhoypo.gif
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My Tom craves chocolate.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Tom likes my boobs really big apparently and likes me a bit chubby too.