oolong tea

Options
I just read an article on oolong tea. It stated that just by drinking 2 cups a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) will help burn calories and I am all about burning calories without doing anything. Just wondering if anyone has tried oolong tea and if it really helps. :drinker:

Replies

• ohrscarlet
    Options
    I just read an article on oolong tea. It stated that just by drinking 2 cups a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) will help burn calories and I am all about burning calories without doing anything. Just wondering if anyone has tried oolong tea and if it really helps. :drinker:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: I believe you are talking about Wu-Long tea! The gimmick is that the site will keep sending you the tea each month without you reordering. When you don't want any more tea it is hell trying to get your money back from the order they sent you that you don't want any longer.

Also I tried it and it didn't work and tasted awful!:frown:
  • EM13
    EM13 Posts: 17
    Options
    a friend of mine had an equally bad experience. i think if you want a tea with real health benefits good old green tea is your best best! :bigsmile: (it tastes good too!!!)
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Stop & Shop sells Oolong Tea. I was drinking it in the cooler months and did notice it helped. I like it. Tastes good. Actually had some the other day.
  • ohrscarlet
    Options
    jenbar you are correct it is called oolong tea and I figured that it is worth trying. I let everyone know if it works. Thanks everyone :smile:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Just made myself some! Bigelow Tea makes it.
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    i read somewhere that any tea will help with weight loss but it is a small amount. the only differences between the different types are processing, it all comes from the same plants, just at different times and processed in different ways.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I have always enjoyed oolong tea, but never made it a part of my nutrition plans.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    oolong...WU-LONG.....there are MANY NAMES.......all this is is black tea.....family of the green tea.

lately with all this hype about green tea and oolong...I have tried it more then once...but it is just REGULAR TEA.

I spoke do an actual Dr. about this and he said to get ANY benefits from green tea you need to drink 32 CUPS A DAY!!!

anyhow you dont lose calories....you MAY loose water retention but that's it......no special pill....or tea can fast track the VERY hard work of FAT LOSS!!!! Good luck:wink:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    jenbar you are correct it is called oolong tea and I figured that it is worth trying. I let everyone know if it works. Thanks everyone :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolong

oolong....Wu-long same thing diffrent pile!!! :tongue: make sure you don't OVER pay cause this is just regular tea....