Ugh, does anyone do this? (gross)

Options

Replies

• ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's better to just swallow...

Tee hee....
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options

You sound like my husband. lmao :sick:
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one.

Yeah, I know it's not indicative of a healthy relationship with food but I know I don't have that and I guess it's better than swallowing it then throwing it up right!

I don't aim to do it though.
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Fertilegrounds5
    Options
    Okay, so I just chewed up and spat out an entire Easter Egg. I guess I figured it was way fewer calories (no idea how many!) and I still got the taste of it. I used to do this a lot but haven't for ages.

Anyone else ever done this? I want to know how weird and disgusting I am. Obviously I didn't do it in public!
    I have never tried that before. Try just taking the yolk out that CUTS most of the calories if that's what you are concerned about.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i don't believe that this is a good thing to do AT ALL. i remember watching a tv special a few years back and it's actually a type of eating disorder. i think it was on the tyra banks show.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    i don't believe that this is a good thing to do AT ALL. i remember watching a tv special a few years back and it's actually a type of eating disorder. i think it was on the tyra banks show.

haha, yeah cause you know anything on the tyra banks show is educational and fact! lol..... Okay, I agree it's not the greatest thing to do, but citing Tyra Banks as your source is just funny to me!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I did that all the time when I had a major eating disorder in my late teens/early 20s. It started with sweets and then I was doing it with most of my food.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I just chewed up and spat out an entire Easter Egg. I guess I figured it was way fewer calories (no idea how many!) and I still got the taste of it. I used to do this a lot but haven't for ages.

Anyone else ever done this? I want to know how weird and disgusting I am. Obviously I didn't do it in public!
    I have never tried that before. Try just taking the yolk out that CUTS most of the calories if that's what you are concerned about.

I think she was talking about a chocolate egg? lolll now I'm confused.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options

haha, yeah cause you know anything on the tyra banks show is educational and fact! lol..... Okay, I agree it's not the greatest thing to do, but citing Tyra Banks as your source is just funny to me!

well, i do agree that it isn't exactly educational. i just remembered seeing it on there and it raised my awareness to the disorder. i didn't know that people even did it until i watched it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/231797/chew_and_spit_a_hidden_eating_disorder.html
  • kittytompsett
    Options
    Keep an eye on it hun, it is def a sign of disordered eating and the start of a not so healthy relationship with food. Trust me, it's a slippery slope xxx
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I want to eat something, but half way through realise I don't and have to spit it out. Again, not in public. I don't start out intending to, though.
  • Bonnie1974
    Options
    Don't get into this habit. I've seen intervention shows, where woman do exactly that becus in their heads they will get fat if they eat. So they chew and spit it out.. It was gross...
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options

You sound like my husband. lmao :sick:

Tooooo funny. Made me laugh out loud ---thanks :)
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Usually I can get my "fix" just by smelling it. It's really weird, but when I'm at a party, I ask my friend if I can smell her piece of cake and I'm good, lol.

If I smelled it - I would want to eat it ALL! I am happy that it works for you - but it would be torture to me.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've never done this but I don't think thats a very good habit to get into..

I agree. I believe "chewing and spitting" is considered an ED.
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    Haha ok I've totally done this but I don't do it often because my mouth doesn't always listen to me so it's more likely to just go on down than get spit out.. :laugh:
  • BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's just weird :noway:
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Yes, it's so gross and I'm ashamed to admit it, but yes I have more than once. I'm trying to stop.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options

Yes, but only because I had to taste chocolate ALL day at work, every day. And I mean lbs and lbs of chocolate. After awhile you got sick of actually eating it and would just chew it up and spit. Still happens occassionally (and doesn't mean you are on the verge of being bulimic)