100 Push Up Challenge Week 5

Options
Hey there friends! Starting the new thread for the week! Let's do it! Not much farther! Keep up the GREAT work!:drinker:

I will check back tomorrow after doing week 5 day 1.

GOOD LUCK!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey there friends! Starting the new thread for the week! Let's do it! Not much farther! Keep up the GREAT work!:drinker:

I will check back tomorrow after doing week 5 day 1.

GOOD LUCK!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I'm doing Week 3 Day one level one, full push ups. I am actually doing it! I was not expecting to do it! I guess I am stronger than I thought. I still have the last three sets to do but I will get it done! That's at least 64 full push ups! Wow! I'm pumped! Gotta get back to it!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Today is Week 5 - Day 1 for me of the 6 wk. 100 pushup challenge.

Tried as I could I did not reach the minimums in 3 out of 5 sets...these were my results:

Level 1 - Modified on knees

Set 1: 30 (met the goal)
    2: 24 (met the goal)
    3: 18 (the minimum was 22 :grumble: )
    4. 12 (the minimum was 20 :grumble: :grumble: )
    5. 14 (the minimum was 30 :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: )

Reflection:

The last three sets were not smooth and just killing me! I felt :angry: about my lack of strength!!

I will continue by repeating today's pushup plan with a day of rest between days until I do it! :huh:

So much for being on a roll Pups....looks like this rock is at a standstill for now! :ohwell:

(wringing out my crying towel...tantrum over) :tongue:

Wishing all Pups...all good things!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

Mi
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    I am still at it too- I have found that if I do one and then stand up and pop down to do another I can get more full ones in and have a little cardio as well.

Weird but true!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello PUPs! Today I started over with week 1, doing full pushups this time. And I did it (just barely)! I gave myself a little more than 60 seconds rest in between sets.

Week 1 - Day 1 - middle column
    7 (I almost didn't get the last one of this set)
    5 (the minimum)

Whew! I am worried about the number increasing for day 2, but I will do my best and repeat if necessary.

Lavender - you are still doing great. I bet you will be able to do them all within the next few days! And nice job, MM and everyone else!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Just finished Week 5 Day 1. Couldn't do quite as many as I should have. But I will keep at it and see how the rest of the week goes.

KEEP IT UP FRIENDS!!!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I do not feel like doing push ups today! I don't know why, I just don't. BUT I am doing them anyway. I want a t-shirt!!! :laugh:
    Week 3 Day 2 Level 1, full push ups.
    Set one: 16
    2:14
    3:14
    4:12
    5: 17

Keep it up people! Our arms are going to look fabulous! You all are doing great! It looks like we have lost some people so it's great to see that you guys are sticking it out. It's not easy! But I think it will be worth it!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I forgot to report Monday...started week 1 day 1 again from plank and have made progress...will report again today after workout...anyway, week1 day1:

1-2
    2-2
    3-2
    4-2
    5-4

All from plank!

I love seeing everyone's progress and don't mind being low on the totem poll with amount of pushups I am able to perform...I'm right behind you all, bringing up the rear!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    From Plank...Week 1 day 2:

1 - 4
    2 - 3
    3 - 2
    4 - 2
    5 - 4

I was surprised that I was able to complete the program to a tee!

I can notice some toning in my arms...no one else has noticed yet.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Way to go, everyone! I am so impressed with all of you. :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Oh, man - today was ROUGH! I made it, but just barely. :ohwell:

Week 1 - Day 2 - middle column - full pushups

I allowed a few minutes between sets - there was no way I could do it otherwise. And I must not be tightening my abs enough in the plank position, because now I am feeling it in my lower back!

Where are all the Pups?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Phew! Just finished Week 5 Day 2 modified push ups.
    25...little short on the last bunch here, but pretty good overall I think!

Keep it up friends! :flowerforyou: I'll check back this weekend!!!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I did Week 3 day 3 today. I am still not getting down as far as I would like to so I may decide to do this week again. I'm not sure. I did full push ups all the way through though.
    I did:
    I'll see you all on Monday! Keep up the good work!
    Melissa
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    BTW, do you all do your pus ups fast or slow? I do them as fast as I can to get through them. lol. Do you go almost all the way down to the floor? Just wondering. Thanks!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Mine are slow, because I really can't do them fast. They are hard for me!! And I get about halfway to the floor - about even with my elbows - before coming back up. When I was doing them on my knees, I could do them faster, and also went almost all the way to floor.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started... I did

Modifed of course.. Today I AM SO SORE!! and Tomorrow do more!! sheesh! :sick:

Do you all count the calories burned from it.. or no?
  • cp005e
    Options
    Ugh! I cannot yet do 10 pushups - but I am closer!

Today was Week 1-Day 3-middle column (full plank)
    9 (should have been 10)
    9 (should have been 10) :grumble:

So, now I need to decide if I move on to week 2 or repeat today until I can complete it first. The start of week 2 actually doesn't look TOO much harder than week 1 - though it gets harder on the 2nd day. I am thinking of just moving on. What do you guys think?

Welcome, Carrie! I have not been counting calories because I didn't think I was really burning a significant amount.