newbie in need of motivation pls!

Options
Hey all! I joined 3 weeks ago and absolutely love MFP and all the wonderful people on here! I am 26, 5'2", SW 147, CW 142.6 and goal of 115lbs. I was 104 at 18 and feel I should be able to get within 10 to 15 pounds of that.For the first 2 weeks I was doing Turbo jam every day and walking- I love walking by the river. Those first 2 weeks I lost 4 pounds and I lost about 9 inches overall (arms, waist, hips and thighs. I am thrilled! After I felt i was capable of keeping up and the Turbo jam became easier i moved on to Turbo Fire. BUT in the last week I have worked my hardest and can't seem to get anywhere- no movement of scale no more inches falling off- just stopped. I read about the phases of weight loss and maybe I am between phase 2 and 3. This "wall' or plateau is really depressing me. I just watched a neighbor go on a 30 day extremely restrictive diet with only a bit of work out and in those 30 days she lost over 20 lbs! that is so hard to stomach when i am trying to do this the right way, but I am still thrilled for her too! I know how hard this is for all of us. How did y'all get through your own plateaus? There are so many strong ladies working on or making their own success and achieving those goals here on MFP and I am holding on to that to keep me motivated but today I just can't seem to find the will power. Please help.

Replies

• trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    one day at a time.......and today might just not be your dayfor motivation, just a maintence day....but DONT' GIVE UP!!!!!!! even if you just take it slow for today and tommorrow and maybe even the next, get back on track and inspire someone else......PAY I
    T FORWARD!!!!!!
    feel free to friend me, i belong to a wonderful support crowd and we all have ach other's back's...
    the other thing to do is either start or join a challenge, keeps you focued and a part of a group all working towards the same goal...
    good luckon your journey...
    christine