Say Wha???

skittybang
skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hiya! I've been using MFP for some time now through my mobile app and just recently began using the website (which I love!) But I HAVE to ask... please, can someone tell me what is NSV and Bump???? :) Thanks for playing!!

Replies

• rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    newbie also, lol...NSV non scale victory...bump...bumps up the post so it appears at top of list I think =)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    NSV = non-scale victory
    Bump = keeps a topic "active" and will put it to the top of the thread
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    A "NSV" is a "non-scale victory"...like getting rid of a double chin. "Bump" is when you see a topic you are interested in but don't want to reply to at the time. You reply "bump" and it then is saved on your profile page for viewing later. :flowerforyou:
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    NSV means Non Scale Victory and bump is used when somebody wants to move a topic into the recent category and so it's more easily found though their own profile.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    NSV-non-scale victory
    Bump- a comment showing you are interested in the topic and want to be able to come back to it later. Commenting on a topic stores the thread in "my topics." If someone doesn't really have anything to add but wants to find the thread again, they "bump!"
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    NSV = Non Scale Victory
    Sometimes the scale doesnt always show the difference we feel or see. Like when a pair of jeans fits better or sometimes they are more silly. I saw someone celebrate having to buy new undies cause hers were baggy.

Bump
    A random word to save the topic for later.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Bump also allows people to come back to a topic easily because when you post to a topic, it gets put in your "My Topics" list
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    A "NSV" is a "non-scale victory"...like getting rid of a double chin. "Bump" is when you see a topic you are interested in but don't want to reply to at the time. You reply "bump" and it then is saved on your profile page for viewing later. :flowerforyou:

I LOVE your example for NSV, "getting rid of a double chin" Cute! Made me smile. thanks :)
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    when you reply to a post it saves it in your recent posts. people type bump so they can come back to it later.
    like recipes, or if you don't have time to read, or if you want to follow the thread.
    hope that helps!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Fantabulous! Thanks for the clarification. Love it :)
This discussion has been closed.