starting INSANITY

Options
HI! :smile:

I am looking to start the insanity workout this Sunday, May 1st, and I am looking to join/start an "insanity support group"

The workout is intense, and I figure I'd be able to stick to it better if other people were doing it at the same time and sharing their experiences.

Anyone? Anyone?

Replies

• tiggercub20
    tiggercub20 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :happy: I know I already messaged you but I figured that I'd let other's know that I'm IN and I CAN'T WAIT!!! :happy: I hope to see more of you getting into the challenge because together we can beat "Insanity"!! :happy:
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing this as well. The days in May work out perfectly with the program. Count me in.
  • tiggercub20
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats!! We are going to start the fit test on Sunday and continue with the calendar from there! :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my 2nd round on May 2nd. Good luck to you all!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 3 this week coming up. I LOVE it! I got a watch with a heart rate monitor & calorie counter at Walmart for $30 and the LEAST amount of calories i burned was 456 and I think that was due to me trying to figure out the watch rather than focusing on the workout! I LOVE it and I'm usually dripping by the time I stretch. My calves were REALLY sore 2 days after I did my first workout but I worked through it and became lose once I got warmed up. I seriously look forward to it pretty much every day! On the days that I don't really feel like it, I get into it right after I start working out, I like to compete with myself and try to see how many calories I can burn haha.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    BamBam, I hope u decide to jump on board.
    Looking forward to posting some serious numbers tomorrow night!
    Tigger, u set?

Good Luck y'all.
  • tiggercub20
    Options
    I'm ready!! I'm going to hit it as soon as I get home!! :happy: :happy:
    GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • mikeybeba
    mikeybeba Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to start it too. I did 4 days but stopped. Are you guys doing the Fitness test today and tomorrow doing the second cd?
  • Stooooo
    Options
    The wife and I will be taking our Day 1 pictures and measurements tonight. Start with the fit test tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just did my Plyo/Cardio circuit, 621 calories later! LOVE it! Stoooo I should probably take before pictures even though i'm starting week 3, I'm going to get a tape measure as well to take measurements.

How often do you take measurements?? I am one of those people that isn't very good at being patient but I know I'll just get discouraged if I do it every day!

Good Luck everyone!!!
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    Ok, fit test day one: complete!

Switch kick: 58
    Power jacks: 60
    Power knees: 106
    Power jumps: 40
    Globe jumps: 14
    Suicide jumps: 16
    Pushup jacks: 32
    Low plank oblique: 99

Still trying to catch my breath!

Mikey, please join us. Tigger and myself are using a sun-fri sched (instead of mon-sat) it just works better for both of us.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    TIGGGGGGGGER!!!!!

What happened to u?!?!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Round 2, Day 1 Fit Test Results:

Swicth Kicks: 36
    Power Jacks: 36
    Power Knees: 50
    Power Jumps: 20
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 7
    Push-Up Jacks 21
    Low Plank Oblique: 30

Fit Test = Unfit :laugh:
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Here are my fit test 1 &2 resutls!!

name of move 1st 2nd
    1: Switch Kicks: 44 55
    2. Power Jacks: 40 56
    3. Power Knees: 73 102
    4. Power Jumps: 26 35
    5. Globe jumps: 8 14
    6. Suicide Jimps:15 20
    7: Pushup jacks: 9 16
    8:lowplank oblique: 23 59

I'm nervous for the 2nd month that has a fit test & a workout after... it'll be a long hard workout!
  • ratajck
    ratajck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started on 5-2-11. I'm ther with you. :smile:
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just started on 5-2-11. I'm ther with you. :smile:

the warmup was the hardest thing for me to get use to... i figured a warmup would be easy... not with insanity!!! i'm finally able to make it through the whole warmup! GOOD LUCK!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Day 2 done!!!! WOW!!!!
  • ShaeDetermined
    Options
    U guys are amazing! Great job everyone!
    (still unsure where tigger has disappeared to though)

I'm only on day 4 of insanity and so far so good (i've kinda learned to deal with the fire raging in my quads)...
    the only problem i seem to have is the stretching.
    anyone out there get confused with the stretch moves? I follow the entire workout just fine but the stretching, I just cant seem to get it.
    That odd???
    Any tips?
  • tiggercub20
    Options
    My internet has been down the last few days at home, it should be fixed by the time I get home tonight. I'm doing to workouts I'll post everything when I get home. (I didnt forget and I'm sorry I havnt been able to post my stats yet) I hope everyone is doing well!! I also just added the MFP APP to my phone so this wont happen again! Once again, soo sorry for disappearing for the last few days!!
  • MissEmilie2011
    MissEmilie2011 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just started Insanity on 5/2/11 and I'm glad to see other people have started around the same time. Within the first 10 minutes of starting the workouts I get the "OMG I CAN'T DO THIS" feeling, but I just push through and get it done. I can already tell my leg muscles are starting to become more defined again and it's only day 3. It hurts, but it's worth it. WE CAN DO THIS!! :happy: