Body By Vi

Options
I have tried Isagenix and Herbalife to help lose weight in the past. Herbalife tasted great but not high enough in protein and lots of sugar/carbs. I have the lapband and cannot eat solids until later in the day so I usually start my day with a protein shake. I have been using Athlete's Honey Milk which is high in protein and tastes damn good. Recently I have heard about Visalus and have thought about trying it for a month. I tried a sample and the taste is fine. I only want the shakes not all the additional "things". Any thoughts?

Replies

• KayleighDawn13
    Options
    I have a few friends that currently do it. They love it! The problem in their case is that once they stop using it, the weight will come back. I'd give it a try. Herbalife did fine for me for a bit but its way to expensive. Good luck!! (:
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I tried it... I am also thinking of either Herbalife or Visalus again.. Tasted both of them... Herbalife Cookies and Cream has 5g of sugar. Thats not bad compared at the price either. My personal trainer said that 5g of sugar isnot bad at all especially if it taste good which it does. Visalus is $49 and the flavor is cake mix. For that one I know I wont like it by itself so I will have to buy the mix ins... Thats $10 more.. So im lost too. LOL...

But I can say that Visalus is good but youll have to add something in there unless you are just using it as a protein drink..
  • kerri76
    kerri76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tried it... I am also thinking of either Herbalife or Visalus again.. Tasted both of them... Herbalife Cookies and Cream has 5g of sugar. Thats not bad compared at the price either. My personal trainer said that 5g of sugar isnot bad at all especially if it taste good which it does. Visalus is $49 and the flavor is cake mix. For that one I know I wont like it by itself so I will have to buy the mix ins... Thats $10 more.. So im lost too. LOL...

But I can say that Visalus is good but youll have to add something in there unless you are just using it as a protein drink..

I have tried the Visalus and the taste is comparable to the Herbalife. Did the Visalus (Body by Vi) work for you?
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options

I have tried the Visalus and the taste is comparable to the Herbalife. Did the Visalus (Body by Vi) work for you?

Well to tell you the truth I didnt follow it correctly... I would eat out Fridays, Sat and Sun.. So I wasnt strict at all.. I do plan on getting it again because of all the nutrition it has..

Do you really think it taste the same as Cookies and Cream like Herbalife?
  • Livwell
    Livwell Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this site at the recommendation of a friend and am excited to use it to find additional support for healthy living. My husband and I have both been drinking a Visalus shake a day for a couple years now and just LOVE the taste and nutritional value. We've tried many others and keep coming back to Visalus and the BodybyVi Challenge. He is diabetic and the shakes help stabilize his blood sugar while providing great nutrition and weight loss benefits. There is a wealth of success testimonies, information and support in the Vi-net online community which you can participate in as a Visalus customer. Wishing you all the success you deserve! Maria Reed
  • Mgatewood82
    Options
    If you have been using it for years, does it work for wieght loss? If so when you stop it does the weight gain come back?
  • aubs0423
    Options
    I used Visalus a while back and lost alot of weight, like any other thing you do to keep the weight off and maintain you must eat healthy and always always always exercise. I just started back on Visalus after comparing and asking around about Herbalife and Advocare. Visalus seems to be number one, it is so safe and good for you you can use while breastfeeding is what I heard and read online. It has very little sugar but the facts are for mixing with water so if you add milk that adds more calories and such. It is a cake mix type flavor its called sweet cream BUT you can google recipes and find hundreds of ways to mix it and it definatly does not taste like the sweet cream. :)
  • shamrockbride
    Options
    Hey there,
    I've been on Visalus shakes since October 20th and love them. I dropped 15 pounds in the first 2 months and then didn't lose anything on month 3(december ). I am on month 4 now and have lost another 5 in the last couple weeks. I absolutly love it. I started by ordering the big transformation kit and now just order the shake mix which is $49. I drink it blended with Almond breeze and am quit happy with them like that. I do sometimes mix it up and throw in pineapple juice and coconut extract, or a scoop of peanut butter. I love the convience and not having to think about what I am going to eat for breakfast and lunch:) Good luck, I highly recommend trying it. You should be able to find a distributor near you and get a free sample...Just google it:) Feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    well a lot of the men and women at my job are using body by vi i dont know the cost would like to know though and well they are losing weight quickly
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    I have been on the Visalus Shake-Body by Vi Program for just over 4 weeks now.

I have lost 11lbs, and 4"off my waist... Alot of people will NOT see the weight on the scale move for the first 2-3 weeks, but if they follow their measurements, you will loose inches, as the fat is replaced by muscle mass.

They taste great! I love them! There are 1000's of recipes for the shakes, things you can add, one of my favorites is to make the shake accordingly , add ice & any fruit or berry, SOOO GOOD!!! you can add low fat peanut butter, or you can purchase flavor mix ins, such as peach, strawberry,orange, chocolate etc....

To loose weight you drink 2 shakes in place of 2 meals a day, to maintain weight and be healthy, 1 shake a day in place of a meal, I still watch my calories, and I find that MFP is just adding to my success!
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Here's the thing. If you used Herbalife and Isagenix in the past, they obviously didn't work for you, or else you wouldn't be here. What is it about Visalus that you think will be different?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    i had a body by vi consultant or whatever there called give me a sample packet and I can tell you they at least taste pretty good.

Don't know about success though.
  • CindyTatiana16
    CindyTatiana16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try Shakeology! I lost 20 pounds in 5 months with the Chocolate shake and working out 4 times a week. I'm down to s size 8 now! feel free to friend or message. I'd be happy to share more of my story with you or just support :-) It is the only thing that has ever been able to keep me regular and give me soo much energy w/o using caffeine.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Try Shakeology! I lost 20 pounds in 5 months with the Chocolate shake and working out 4 times a week. I'm down to s size 8 now!

lol. Beachbody coach?
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I havent tried body by Vi, but i love my Ideal Shape meal replacement shakes! I searched online and from the reviews i found, and comparisons, IDeal Shape was higher rated, They just dont have all the hype of Vi or others. There is no way to earn yours free by getting 3 friends to sign up, etc. I highly recommend it! I have been using them since mid November and I am down 30lbs. Yes, if you go off and eat the way you used to you will gain back. For me, i am a calorie counter of course and i like to save cals to eat a more ?normal? meal with my family in the evening, Ideal Shape helps me keep my cals low in for breakfast and lunch, stay full, get my vitamins, etc.
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    I've lost 17 pound doing Body By Vi! i highly recommend it. I loooove it
  • spankerlea
    Options
    My fitness pal is meant for encouragment and helpful advice. Leave the nastiness and sarcasm at the door!!
  • CindyTatiana16
    Options
    actually, yes! It gives me a great discount on a product that has helped me get a much healthier body. From a size 12 to a size 8 - a stroooong size eight. Strong is the new skinny!
  • CindyTatiana16
    Options
    Try Shakeology! I lost 20 pounds in 5 months with the Chocolate shake and working out 4 times a week. I'm down to s size 8 now!

lol. Beachbody coach?

actually, yes! It gives me a great discount on a product that has helped me get a much healthier body. From a size 12 to a size 8 - a stroooong size eight. Strong is the new skinny!
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    Try Shakeology! I lost 20 pounds in 5 months with the Chocolate shake and working out 4 times a week. I'm down to s size 8

lol. Beachbody coach?

Well Said! :)