39.4lbs lost progress pics!

Options
skingszoo
skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
Hey all! So I've lost an additional 10lbs since my goal weight and am LOVING the new me!!!

Let me start by saying why I decided it was time to lose weight. I was always skinny in high school under 110lbs and size 2. After moving in with my boyfriend and a full time desk job I shot up to 180 in 2006. I got pregnant and the day I delivered I weighed 215. I lost weight fast after I had him without even trying. I ended up being around 147. We then got pregnant with our second son and I weighed 185 when I had him in 2008. Thinking I would just lose the weight like I did before I didn't change my eating habits. I did manage to get down to about 165. In late 2009 my father became very ill and passed away May 16, 2010. I was so wrapped up in everyone and everything else but me. I shut myself off to any feelings and my marriage was getting rocky. I managed to gain weight and I wasnt happy. Then on 1/2/11 a friend on Facebook posted this support group for her to lose weight and she was using MFP. I logged in and on 1/3/11 I decided this is time for ME. No one was going to make my life better but ME. I was going to do THIS!!!! And I haven't looked back since. I started weighing 180lbs. I began logging everything I ate and working out using the Slim in 6 video. My daycare lady then told me about a fitness center that was mostly women and only had classes. And they had ZUMBA which I wanted to try forever. I started taking Zumba then added more classes and now go to a class 6 days a week. I love it there! I have signed up for my first 5K and can't wait to do more.

Total Lost 39.4lbs
10.3% body fat
5in around waist
8in around belly
5.5in around hips
2.5in around each arm
5.25in around each thigh
2in around neck
Total Inches Lost 36

Picnikcollage1111111111111111111111-1.jpg

Replies

• mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    wow great progresss! keep up the good work!
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!! What an inspiration!!
  • cinca
    cinca Posts: 25
    Options
    Great progress!
  • trowlan1
    trowlan1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great Job, keep up the good work
  • care1221
    care1221 Posts: 27
    Options
    great job keep it up!! :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Just so you know I think you like great in both before and after pics. Congrats on the hard work :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look awesome
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!!! Great job and keep up the work it is definitely showing :)
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job - keep it up!!
  • JsGordita
    JsGordita Posts: 70
    Options
    Amazing!! great work! you should be very very proud of yourself.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Good job! Just curious how tall are you?
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options

Short :smile: 5'2
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Super job! I couldn't tell the difference except for pants size for the longest time.
  • amazondan
    amazondan Posts: 35
    Options
    Fantastic. It is so empowering knowing that we actually can take control of our own health. Great progress!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options

Short :smile: 5'2

lol I am 5'2 139lbs. We are twins. =}
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go! :)
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have obviously been working hard to lose weight so quickly. Hope to be there soon :happy:
  • nakyaa
    nakyaa Posts: 3
    Options
    You look awesome. Keep up the good work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!