Breakfast?

Options
superstah00
superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
I need some healthy and quick breakfast ideas. I have 4 kids and run a daycare so I can't really make something all the time. Right now I just eat dry cereal normally and I'm bored of that, plus I want to try to input some fruit or something. If you have any ideas I would be super thankful!!!!!:love:

Replies

• Lacey34
    Lacey34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really like scrambles- lots of vegetables and a little protein, egg whites, and a sprinkle of cheese and salsa on top.

I also like breakfast sandwiches. Protein of your choice, a slice of 2% cheese, egg beaters or an egg overhard, and some good bread.
  • heididormanen
    Options
    quiche.. or frittatta or as my 4 year old calls it egg pie :) I make a huge one on sunday and eat it all week.. can vary the ingredients to have anything you want in it.. I use an old standby recipe which is just use equal parts egg and dairy.. so you can use egg beaters or regualr eggs, milk, whole, low fat, sour cream.. whatever.. just equal parts.. it is usually about 3 cups off egg and 3 cups of dairy for me and to keep the fat down I do fat free milk (2 cups) and a cup of fat free sour cream for the thickness..
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    Egg whites with wheat toast...

When I have to run I normally just make me a meal replacement shake..
  • joliejolie123456
    Options
    i love fat free greek yoghurt with a chopped banana. i usually add special k cereal or museli to it too and then sprinkle it with sultanas. takes less than a minute to prepare, so tasty and fills me up for hours!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of vanilla or plain yogurt, 1 cup of your favorite fruit and 1/3 of bran buds. Quick, easy and delicious.
  • mponeil1982
    Options
    Fruit smoothies! VERY quick and easy! Full of good nutrients and FILLING!

Skim Milk, Frozen berries (of choice) 1/2 cup to a cup of your favorite yogurt (that will work well with the frozen berries) and 1 TBSP of Flaxseed. (Flax NOT required, but good for you!) (Measurements really vary depending on how much you want to make).

Put it all in a blender and blend. If you want it thicker, add ice cubes while blending.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I make "Egg McMuffins" ahead of time for the week. I usually make between 8-12 sandwiches at once (my husband loves them too!), usually on Sunday. Cook your eggs over hard or scramble, however you prefer. Open all your english muffins and lay one slice of cheese and 1 slice of deli ham or canadian bacon on one side of the muffins. Plop your egg on top and place the other half of the muffin on top to make your sandwich. Put them in sandwich bags in the fridge. To heat pop a sandwich in the microwave for 40 seconds. Voila! Breakfast!
  • veronichorne
    veronichorne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I toast an whole grain english muffin and I have it with whatever yogurt I have in the fridge and 1oz of sharp cheddar cheese. It feels me up until close to lunch time. Because I don't use butter/margarine on the english muffin, I usually put some yogurt on the English muffin.

Yummy and portable!
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This is a family favorite in my house, I hope this will help :flowerforyou:

Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
    This healthy update of a traditionally rich ham-and-cheese breakfast strata is made lighter primarily by losing a few egg yolks and using nonfat milk. To finish the makeover use nutritious, fiber-rich, whole-grain bread instead of white. The results: plenty of flavor, half the calories and one-third the fat of the original.

6 servings

Active Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 1 3/4 hours

Ingredients
    4 large eggs
    4 large egg whites
    1 cup nonfat milk
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    5 cups chopped spinach, wilted (see Tip)
    4 cups whole-grain bread, crusts removed if desired, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1/2 pound, 4-6 slices)
    1 cup diced ham steak, (5 ounces)
    1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
    3/4 cup shredded Gruyère, or Swiss cheese

Preparation
    Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch glass baking dish or a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
    Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Add mustard, rosemary and pepper; whisk to combine. Toss spinach, bread, ham and roasted red peppers in a large bowl. Add the egg mixture and toss well to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and push down to compact. Cover with foil.
    Bake until the custard has set, 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until the pudding is puffed and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
    Tips & Notes
    Make Ahead Tip: Prepare casserole through Step 2; refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature while the oven preheats. Bake as directed in Step 3.
    Tip: To wilt spinach, rinse thoroughly with cool water. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and punch several holes in it. Microwave on High until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture before adding the spinach to the recipe.
    Nutrition
    Per serving: 286 calories; 10 g fat ( 4 g sat , 3 g mono ); 167 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 4 g fiber; 813 mg sodium; 509 mg potassium.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday night, I make a huge batch of steelcut oatmeal. If you've never had it, you're missing out. It's nutty almost, and so different from rolled oats.

I sweeten it with some agave nectar and toss in some cinnamon. Then I portion it out into daily servings (I've got a ton of those little disposable tupperwares that are perfect for this). Each day, I pull out a prepacked oatmeal, toss it in the microwave for a few seconds to heat, and throw some berries on top.

Quickm easy, delicious, and satisfying!