I eat junk food... but only 1200 calories worth..

Options
13»

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    From someone who was once very small but lived on mostly crap, all I can say is "Don't Do It"!! :noway:

This was me a few years back:
    Breakfast: if I felt like it, Lunch: package of nabs with a coke, candy in the afternoon, then normal dinner which may or may not have had veggies or fruits. Dessert was a sure thing. Snacking on chips, cookies, candy also a sure thing.

You know what happened? I passed out at work, not once but twice. The first time I tried to catch myself, but my head came down HARD!!!! on the corner of a table. I managed to get myself up & into the hallway to ask for help b/c I knew I was in trouble. BAM!! I went down again.

Diagnosis: malnourished and severe iron deficiency. Boy, the lecture I got from the doctor. He was irritated. I was definitely old enough to know better, he said.

Believe me, I'd rather be a few lbs heavier, but enjoy good health and have energy. Be good to yourself! :flowerforyou:

I can't possibly give you better advice than this!! If you can learn from someone else's mistake it'll save you some pain and suffering!!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I was going to basically say what everyone else is saying except that even the thinnest people can have heart attacks and blocked arteries from eating terrible. My dad knew a man who ran marathons and was a runner. He was in shape but all he ate was the worst foods. He ended up dying of a heart attack from blocked arteries even though you could look at him and he looked in shape.

There was a recent study suggesting the marathon runners are more likely to have heart attacks.

I'm guessing it's because arteries get damaged from stress, and the hard core long distances they do put a lot of stress on the heart and body. From what I understand, when the arteries get damaged, your cholesterol rushes in and tries to repair the damage. The small particle cholestorol (which I heard is mostly formed from carbohydrates) that tries to repair it is so small it gets lodged in the fissures and starts to oxidize, then the build up starts.

Considering that most runners/marathoners carb load for their runs, this probably amplifies the likelihood.

If you get blood tests done, check for your ratio and particle size. This is more telling than whether your cholestorol is high or low, etc, since people can have heart attacks at all ranges. If your particle size is majority big, I wouldn't be too worried.