Weird weight loss fears?

Options
SabrinaJL
SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
I've never had an issue with cellulite, but I'm kinda worried that I'll develop it as I lose weight. Does that even happen? Also, I have a really large rib cage which I'm worried is going to look strange after weight loss. Obviously this isn't going to stop me from trying to lose weight, because the main goal here is to be healthier, but I do think about it. Please tell me I'm not the only one that stresses about odd things like this.

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite before I started losing weight and it cleared up once I started toning. As long as you lose the weight slowly and in the healthiest ways, you should not have an issue.

My worry; STRETCH MARKS =\ I am terrified of them and they've already begun to appear =(
  • slwelborn
    Options
    I hear ya!!! First of all, I started out four years ago as a double E... thats right, special order bra's :) Now I am down to a DDD and the girls are down a bit too... I am super worried my boobs will look like deflated melons when this is all over :)

Also, I have this really wierd fear of people or guys looking at me... I've lost over 100lbs. and I'm not ugly, so people are starting to notice... I know it sounds really wierd, but I don;t really know what to do with the attention... I am a HORRIBLE flirt, and I say akward things. I guess I just need to get back in the habit of socailizing on a regular basis :)
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    girl if u type Cellulite in the search bar u will deff see that u are not alonee in this fear! im bigg bug muh things and legs are like...smooth hardly any cellulite..im mad worrried the more i loose the more it will show upp! and im worried imma loose muh boobs...crazy as uit may sound..but i love those girls!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    cellulite disappears with weight loss. stretch marks were always there but become more prominent once you start losng the weight. as for the rib cage, i have the same thing! lol. my hubby always teases me about it. when i was a kid my rib cage always stuck out more then my chest. but honestly, it'll just make your waist look tinier :-)
  • KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I also stress about weird stuff too... like, will my feet shrink? Will I have to buy all new shoes??? They have already slimmed a bit...:ohwell:

That and will I keep my boobs...LOL I guess mine aren't that weird, but I undertsnd where you are coming from.

I have cellulite already, I was hoping it would go away as I lost weight? Hmmm?

5151543.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    i'm afraid I won't have to take meds for my blood pressure anymore. If that happens, I'll have extra money and a couple of extra minutes every day to have to deal with. GAAAAH!
    Seriously, There are lots of fears, but I plan on dealing with them individually as they arise. My plan is to kick the fear in the *kitten* as I encounter them, if they really turn out to be something to be afraid of at all!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    mine are will my boobs disappear??? will i have hanging skin on my arms!!! will my tummy just hang after the weight loss???? will i recognize myself???
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My feet are skinny and I have lost alot of the girls... Seriously, my fears are now my reality.... AHHHH! lol

Push up bras are my new best friend--lol.

I am noticing a rib cage issue, but I like it, makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. =)

I haven't lost my butt though, it will always be there! haha

Coacoa Butter helps with Stretch marks--there are still there but they are less noticable.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that my legs will get all toned and stuff...but the top part of me will be bigger..that wont look good
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that my legs will get all toned and stuff...but the top part of me will be bigger..that wont look good

Girly I don't think that you have to worry about that <3
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Loose skin...my biggest fear. I have a LOT to lose, and though I'm working on the "slow and steady" plan, i still worry about extra skin. And yea, the LADIES (mine are too big to be called GIRLS) are definitely going to need some help that even Victoria may not be able to provide! I'm already planning ahead for breast reduction surgery, the old "suck and tuck" as I like to call it.
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I'm worried about the loose skin/lost boobage too, but since most women seem to worry about it, I didn't think it was that weird. lol I'm glad it's not just me though.
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am afraid that my boobs will sag worse than they do already. I already have plans to do a lift at 45. But now it may have to come sooner if I lose the 50 plus I am striving for. :-)
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that my butt will be flat... and of course that my boobs will sag.

About the rib cage thing - i have an uneven rib cage -- one side sticks out i guess.... but i am SUPER excited to see my ribs anyway!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I suspect that despite working out, I'll have loose skin on my stomach and arms, a saggy neck, and saggy boobs.

But nothing scares me as much as being as still being fat as this next year.
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    no one's mentioned this yet.... what if I look like Skeletor?! Or a bobble head? Maybe that's my fear because I've never ever been thin so I have no idea what I would look like. I'm afraid I might look ugly skinny? But I guess I'll deal with being a butterface over being unhealthy :-) haha
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My fear is that I will never be able to loose the " fat girl look". I'm down 70 pounds and still look in the mirror and see something else. I go straigh to my closet and I will find the biggest hoodie I have and throw it on so I am still hiding myself. I don't have to worry about "the girls" for right now being down what I am I've only lost 1/4'' in that area. Its just everything else i am afraid of!!
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    no one's mentioned this yet.... what if I look like Skeletor?! Or a bobble head? Maybe that's my fear because I've never ever been thin so I have no idea what I would look like. I'm afraid I might look ugly skinny? But I guess I'll deal with being a butterface over being unhealthy :-) haha

Oh, that's a good one too. Especially since sometimes I see people who looked better BEFORE they lost the weight.
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My fear is that I'll have big thigh and calves. I dont have small(skinny) legs to begin with my I don't them to bulk up as I work out more. I'm already seeing it happen and I want slim muscular legs not bulk.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1st: My stomach already sags with a stretch mark covered "butt hanging in the front" :( And last time I was @ 150 lbs it was nasty, and that was before having my 3rd child.... Scares the hell out of me.

2nd: My entire maternal side has large legs. My calves are pretty toned right now bit so so big! And my thighs are so huge. I am afraid my thighs will always touch when I stand and I will never have knees.....

and 3rd. I am afraid the sagging arm skin when I hold my arms up will never go away, and now, I'm afraid to work my arms any more as my biceps are massively huge when using any kind of weights.

Most of all, I am afraid I will always look like the tom boy of the group and never appear feminine...