A little consistency, please?

Options
So I'm reading a book called the "Women's Health Diet" obviously published by Rodale, the owners of Women's Health Mag (which I love). It offers a different approach to meeting your goals by eating more mindfully, protein with every meal and snack, etc. This way you don't have to worry about counting calories, you can just live your best, healthy life. No calorie counting? Great, I'm on board. I'm a little tired of logging every bite anyway. So, it goes into recommendations of things to eat to give you ideas and it says to eat 30% to 40% of your daily intake at breakfast, loaded with protein. Then it tells you about how many calories that should be. Then it tells you to eat approximately *x* amount of calories. Geez! Just one time, I'd love to read something that didn't contradict itsself. No wonder there's so much confusion out there. Either their plan works without counting every bite, or it doesn't. Just a little consistency. Is that too much to ask? K, rant over. Moving on...

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's complete BS. What kind of crackpot wrote that??
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Well Ranted!

That being said...if they were consistant in anything, they wouldn't sell any more magazines because their (and similar magazines) sales depends on the "Latest new secrets" from month to month, all of which contradict one another.

I remember seeing an article once in a celebrity magazine about "The Secret to Ryan Reynold's" amazing Abs. Honest to god, the bulk of the article was that he liked to have Salmon for lunch.

Find what works for You and educate yourself based on your own experiences and lifestyle choices.

You've got the entire network here behind you. :-)
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks, and I agree. It's different for everyone. I read everything I can get my hands on just to gain info. Usually I can sniff out the bs from a mile away, but I was really getting into this book. Just found it very disappointing. I intend to finish and ignore that little editing error regarding the calories. ;-)
  • mvpas
    mvpas Posts: 4
    Options
    @pushing4more I agree with you. After reading that, then read The China Syndrome which tells you we eat way too much protein and it is killing us. Just once I wish one study did not contradict another.
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @pushing4more I agree with you. After reading that, then read The China Syndrome which tells you we eat way too much protein and it is killing us. Just once I wish one study did not contradict another.

EXACTLY! Too much protein, not enough. All the fruit you can eat, no fruit because of carbs. Organic only, organic is a waste of money. blah blah I'm so frustrated by all the different information out there. I think I just read WAY too much. I should just experiment with my own plan and write my own damn book!