To eat or not to eat? That is the question...

Options
So, I keep reading that it is better for the metabolism to eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of three big ones. I take that to mean 200-300 calories per shot (or more depending on the exercising I've done that day). Here is my question. I get up at 3 am for work every morning, but usually don't eat until 5 or so, then decided to try and eat something within 3-4 hours (fruit, cheese, small snack), then lunch, then another small snack, then dinner, then a little snack before bed if I want. But what happens if I'm not hungry when those 3-4 hours are up? Should I still make myself eat something? Am I training my body in a positive way, or is eating when I'm not feeling it a bad thing? Any ideas?

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    So, I keep reading that it is better for the metabolism to eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of three big ones. I take that to mean 200-300 calories per shot (or more depending on the exercising I've done that day). Here is my question. I get up at 3 am for work every morning, but usually don't eat until 5 or so, then decided to try and eat something within 3-4 hours (fruit, cheese, small snack), then lunch, then another small snack, then dinner, then a little snack before bed if I want. But what happens if I'm not hungry when those 3-4 hours are up? Should I still make myself eat something? Am I training my body in a positive way, or is eating when I'm not feeling it a bad thing? Any ideas?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The answer is, IMO, yes. Try to eat something. It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be the entire calorie allottment, but you should eat some little thing.

It's about changing your metabolism, not whether or not you feel like it. Once you make that change, you'll come to expect them.

Of course, there may be days you just cannot, don't force it . Just do what you can. Tweak it. :happy: