Is it supposed to sink or float?

Options
2»

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this.....interesting.....wonder if I'm a floater? I average 40 + grams of fiber every day.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    The only thing important thing about bowel movements is that you have them and are not constipated, bloated, or gassy all the time.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

You cannot believe everything you read on the internet, and google kinda sucks sometimes. I rather ask some people that I trust.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I've cleaned up this thread. Please remember to be respectful at all times.

Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    We were told at school that they should float, but I have my doubts. Statistically few people get enough fibre, but when our biology teacher asked whose poos floated most of the class raised their hands, which seemed weird to me.

I go over on fibre according to mfp quite regularly and my poos very seldom float, unless I'm ill.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Ladyhawk00

Every party needs a pooper :laugh:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I never thought to consider this question. Informative to say the least.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

Ladyhawk00

Every party needs a pooper :laugh:

From the uptick in thread moderation i'm seeing, I feel the people complaining about offensive images have a valid beef. Moderate within the rules, not via personal bias.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is actually something I remember from nursing school: Higher the fat content the more it floats. There wasn't anything mentioned about fiber though so I ddin't know that part LOL!
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    I was told by a trainer and a doctor that floating means there is too much fat in your diet.... actually if you want to make sure you have enough fiber your poo should be soft
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    floating can also be fat that is not being absorbed.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    BUMP:bigsmile:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Ok.. TMI perhaps but...

Today it floated and I looked back to yesterday and I was over on fat but not fibre.

Just anecdotal, but if the fat fits...