Flat, flat, flat

Options
i am now in the 120s! A dream come true.... But I thought my stomach might be less jiggly. I have decided need to tone. Anyone have a toning plan for a flat stomach that they used? I'd love to try it.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    strangely i just read a post yesterday where someone said taking a spin class was what really flattened out her belly!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    congrats on reaching your goal weight by the way!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    If you find one let me know..lol.. 120s myself- was hoping my stomach would FINALLY start to look flatter, but nope! Instead of a muffin top, I now have a bagel :(
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. Why change now if it got you this far. For many people, that's the most stubborn area and the last to go.
  • emoritz2
    emoritz2 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm also in (almost) the same situation (about 1 lb away from the 120s) and I thought my stomach would look better after losing approx 8-10 lbs from my starting/heaviest weight. Looking forward to the replies
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    great job on the goal...

i like the p90x ab ripper x work out...its 16 minutes of pure ab hell. Diet really is the main factor in a flat tummy as is doing adequate cardio. Good luck!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal!!! I've heard that planks and side planks give your abs a great workout. Good luck!
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    P90x, Insanity, or 30Days Shred are great for Abs
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My ab toning workouts have been part of larger workout programs (P90X, TurboFire, ChaLEAN Extreme, Hip Hop Abs). But I do have a few favorites...

Get a 5- or 10-pound dumbell and hold it in front of your chest while lying on your back. Then take 4 counts to do a crunch, then 4 counts for to sit up to 45 degrees while extending the dumbell at arms length, circle the dumbell up to in front of your forehead for 4 counts, then roll back down onto your back for 4 counts. I love having that "added weight"!!

Using resistance bands, stand with one foot on top of the center of the band and the other foot in front on the floor.... Bring both ends of the band up behind your neck with your hands, then do a standing crunch, leaning forward and tightening your abs.

Again using resistance bands, stand with feet shoulder width apart and the center of the band under one foot (in this example, I'll use the right). Then bring both ends of the band up behind your right shoulder using your right hand. Then do standing side crunches (well, mostly to the side... how about in between the side and front) to work on those obliques.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. Why change now if it got you this far. For many people, that's the most stubborn area and the last to go.
    I don't think I can really loose anymore than 5lbs. I'm 5'4 medium build and only 19.5 percent body fat....
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Agreed. Everywhere else is getting the definition I want except my core...the muscles are there...I can see glimpses of 'em...the damn subcutaneous adipose tissue is just very slowly going away. Just keep doing what you do. It's like an evolutionary process... I'm just figuring out a way to speed it up without deviation damage.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    sprinting
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    I don't think I can really loose anymore than 5lbs. I'm 5'4 medium build and only 19.5 percent body fat....

That's an impressively low body fat %. How was it measured? How un-flat is your tummy? Do you have a pic?
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options

That's an impressively low body fat %. How was it measured? How un-flat is your tummy? Do you have a pic?
    my body fat % may not accurate because I calculated it through my hips, waist, wrist, forearm, and kneck measurements. I don't have any recent pictures. My stomach not bulging but it is jiggly and kind of lumps over when I sit and when I do a plank I have like a column of fat that hangs down.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I am in such a similar boat! I am small build, 5' with 19.9% body fat (had it professionally measured) but still a non-flat tummy. Frustrating!
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

my body fat % may not accurate because I calculated it through my hips, waist, wrist, forearm, and kneck measurements. I don't have any recent pictures. My stomach not bulging but it is jiggly and kind of lumps over when I sit and when I do a plank I have like a column of fat that hangs down.

I have some similar jigglyness going on. I know I have a few more lbs to burn before it's really tight down there. Perhaps those last 5 lbs of yours will make a big difference. Every pound seems to matter when you're very close to goal...