My volunteering prohibits eating for over 7 hours! Help! I g

Options
I have a volunteer position that prohibits me for eating anything for about 6-7 hours - and I do mean, no time for breaks, litterally on my feet for that long and not a second to grab a handfull of anything to eat. By the time I get out I'm sooooo hungry I just want to eat anything and everything. To boot, I don't get out until after 9pm, so its that late night eating situation.

Can anyone give me some good specific ideas on what to eat before had that will stick with me longer, yet not cost me 1/2 days calories, fat, etc?

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein and fiber and then eat afterwards and don't worry about what time it is when you eat.....it doesn't matter.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    You can't bring snacks with? I am sure they would understand and WANT you to eat! Bring some carrot sticks, an apple, cheese stick or healthy granola bar!
  • basschick38
    Options
    Is there any way to stick a Fiberone bar in your purse, or take a protein drink in a covered container that you can sip on while you work?.....There must be a way. It is unreasonable (and unhealthy) to go that long without eating.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I am a hairdresser and have often not had time to eat for long periods of time. What works for me is keping baggies of mixed nuts in my pocket and every hour or two eat a few. Most people don't notice and it keeps me from being to hungry and overeating at the end of the day.
  • shellybra
    shellybra Posts: 21
    Options
    7 hours is way to long to go with out a break and i'm pretty sure against the law! Tell them you need a few minutes break, with in that time. It seems very reasonable to me. Even if you eat a cereal bar, or some raisins/nuts, it will keep you going.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'd like to ask you to clarify what you mean by "Prohibits". Are you saying that if you eat anything while volunteering you'll be dismissed, or are you saying that you're physically unable because of the work you are doing?

I had a client once who was a hairdresser and "Couldn't eat" through the day as she had clients from 8:00am - 6:00pm.

Our solutions was to get a large Opaque water bottle with a straw end and use a Protein/Carb mix that was water soluable and was pleasant tasting. That way, she could sip it through the day to and/or quickly mix up another one on a bathroom break between appointments.

Perhaps that might work for you as well.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    eggs will carry you through a long period of time and nuts. Fiber is good also. Maybe eat something and then right before you go volunteer drink a protein shake with added fiber in it. OR keep nuts in your pocket to sneak in during bathroom breaks.