HELP

Options
My entire life for the last year and a half or so has been focused on food. If i'm reading, running, shopping, with friends it is all being done so I am not around food. However, the entire time I'm unable to access foods my thoughts are..."Good, half hour no eating"..."two hours not eating"...etc.It's hard to enjoy anything anymore without thinking or eating food. Every moment ,every second is about getting to or away from food. I hate it but I can't seem to just not focus on it. Another issue that has arised this summer is I can't eat food in front of people. I don't eat true meals...I graze when I can get to food throughout the day when no one is around. Am I a total freak or is this rather normal? I'm so confused and my family is starting to worry a bit.

Replies

• amandaghunt
    Options
    My entire life for the last year and a half or so has been focused on food. If i'm reading, running, shopping, with friends it is all being done so I am not around food. However, the entire time I'm unable to access foods my thoughts are..."Good, half hour no eating"..."two hours not eating"...etc.It's hard to enjoy anything anymore without thinking or eating food. Every moment ,every second is about getting to or away from food. I hate it but I can't seem to just not focus on it. Another issue that has arised this summer is I can't eat food in front of people. I don't eat true meals...I graze when I can get to food throughout the day when no one is around. Am I a total freak or is this rather normal? I'm so confused and my family is starting to worry a bit.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... sounds like there is a little bit of a "food obsession" going on. I have had issues with this as well. For me I kinda have to force myself not to think about it.

As for the not being able to eat in front of others....when I was younger I struggled (including extended family). I eventually was able to relax and tell myself that it's none of their business how, when, or what I eat.
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    wierd that you say this, I had a problem with this my later years at middle school almost entirely through high school. Looking back I was borderline anorexic then would get home from school starving then binge a huge amount of food then not eat again the rest of the day. I wonder if that is some kind of eating disorder. I could not eat in front of public like at fast food or a restaurant, or in front of guys. i would go out to eat with friends and sit there starving while everyone ate, and say I wasnt hungry. I really was so hungry though. I hope someone else knows more about this, but I know its a killer on the metabolism you need to keep food in your body all day to lose weight.